Chapter 24: Barley Discovers Chase

Barley was heading to Bald Mountain to meet with Hades and his gang. But what Barley didn't know was that his wife and daughter were being held hostage. He thought back on that day he made a deal withe Hades to join his rock band or else:
Flashback———
Barley was picking up groceries at the supermarket. He paid the cashier and headed out the door and suddenly tripped. All the groceries fell out and spread out over the sidewalk. "Oh I'm so sorry! Let me help you," said a voice. Barley started picking up the groceries and looked up. He noticed the familiar face but didn't want to cause attention. "Name's Hadrick! I'm a rock band agent/singer and I think you would be a perfect guy for my own band," Hadrick said, who is actually Hades in a disguise. "I don't know. I'm on my way home to my wife and kid," Barley mentioned. "So you have a family? That's great! We could always use a family to be in our band as well!" Hadrick said. Barley hesitated but he didn't want to be rude. "Look I appreciate your offer, but I can't except it," he said. As Barley finished picking up the groceries, he started heading out until a big figure stopped him. Hadrick stood behind Barley while the big figure stood in front. The big figure looked like a body guard with horns. "Listen I know you want to join," Hadrick said smoothly. Barley stood there and thought about it. "What happens if I join the band?" Barley asked. "If you join, you get a big ol' mansion and everything you could ever want! We can even make you one of us," Hadrick told Barley. Hades knew that Barley was the husband to Elsa and Madalyn. Barley had always wanted to join a rock band since he loved rock and roll. "And if I don't join?" Barley asked. Hades smiled sinisterly. "Well if you don't, we put an end to you and your family. So what do you say?" Hadrick said. Barley didn't want to risk his family getting hurt and he always dreamt of joining a rock band. "Ok as long as my family doesn't get hurt, then it's a deal," Barley said. "Bingo! You got it!" Hadrick said as he shook hands with Barley. "Meet us at this location and bring your family with you. We'll be delighted to meet them," Hadrick said and gave Barley a map. Barley nodded and the big figure let him go. Barley couldn't believe it but he had to or his family would be toast. He told himself to forget about it then walked away.
End of flashback———
Barley brushed off the flashback and kept driving. He stopped at a lake close to the mountain to spend the night. He got out a picture of Elsa, Maddy, and him. It was a film picture of Elsa and Barley kissing and Maddy doing a silly face up front as a photobomb. He looked up at the sky and began to sing:
When I first saw you walking
I knew we were meant to be
But that all changed when I met you
And you finally met me
We had a good talking
Felt like I fell out of the sky
When we both looked right
Into each others colored eyes
But now I turned my back on you
And now you won't forgive me
I really wanna tell you that I'm sorry sorry sorry
I'm so s-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ry
Hopefully I know that you will and can forgive me
Cause I'm sorry
I'm sorry
I'm sorry
You gave me your perfection and I gave you my home
I found out together
That we were not alone
I loved your laugh
I loved your smile
The way you looked at me
I loved you with all my heart
And we started our family
But now I turned my back on you
And now you won't forgive me
I really wanna tell you
That I'm sorry sorry sorry
I'm so s-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ry
Hopefully I know that you will and can forgive me
Cause I'm sorry
I'm sorry
I'm sorry
I could honestly say that I really really tried
Even when it's a hard thing like saying goodbye
I'm so s-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ry
Hopefully I know that you will and can forgive me
Cause I'm sorry
I'm sorry
I'm so s-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ry
Hopefully I know that you will and can forgive me
Cause I'm sorry
I'm sorry
Elsa...I'm sorry
Barley stopped singing and sighed. Suddenly, a thud was heard and a paper bag with food in it fell on the grass. Barley got up and started creeping over to it. The bag had four legs and it walked like it was dizzy. As Barley crept closer, he pulled the bag up and screamed. He ran to get his sword and told the bag to halt. As the creature got out of the bag and hid behind the van, it started eating Barley's dinner. Barley crept closer and peeked behind the van. He noticed it was a dog eating his dinner. Barley jumped out from behind his van. "Stop thief!" Barley said. He looked closer and the creature screamed as they both saw each other. Barley noticed who it was and looked upset. It was the police dog named Chase from the Tooniversity Police Department. "Uh...hi," Chase said as Barley walked angrily back to his van and buckled up. He started up the van and was on his way when in the road, Chase appeared. Barley slammed on his brakes and popped a tire. Barley tried to keep his cool so he got out to check the tire. "Stop in the name of the law!" Chase said as Barley rolled his eyes. "I don't talk to cops kid so beat it," Barley said. Chase stood in front of the tire. "Hey I told you to get out of here!" Barley ordered. "Says who?" Chase barked. "Not my problem," Barley muttered. As Barley got up, Chase followed him. "I'm not leaving until I find out what's going on. I know you're onto something!" Chase said. "Go away!" Barley told Chase. He got in the van to start it up but the gas ran out again.
Barley banged his fist against the car door, cursing under his breath. When he turned to the passenger seat, Chase was sitting there. "Tell me now!" Chase growled. "I told you already I don't trust cops! So why don't you get out of here you stupid ugly mutt!" Barley yelled at Chase. Chase looked at him and started to whimper. Barley then realized what he just said, even to a rookie cop who was just a kid. Chase turned around and laid down, looking away from Barley. Barley sighed and started to tear up. Chase looked at him and came and sat in Barley's lap, licking his hand. Barley stopped and smiled as Chase smiled back, wagging his tail. "Look about what I said, I apologize," Barley told Chase. Chase smiled back. "No worries," Chase said. Barley sighed and got out of the van. "Well looks like we are walking," Barley told Chase. Chase nodded and followed Barley not realizing that Elsa and their group had been kidnapped.