Chapter 20: Zeke Meets Madalyn

Zeke woke up the next morning and stretched. Once again he held the picture of his parents, folded it up, and put it under the pillow. The makeup and hair still looked the same cause it was permanent. Food was dropped off at Zeke's door again and he decided to bring some to Kanga and the girl with her friend. He sneaked out once again and heard strange noises. He shook his head and his thought trailed off. He arrived at where Kanga was with no one around and gave her half if his food. "Thank you dear," she told him as Zeke did a pleasing smile. Once he got done with Kanga, he headed downstairs to the dungeon. Pain and Panic were partying upstairs but Zeke still felt like he should be a bit quiet since the dungeon echoed a bit. He brought some food and some books along with toys to the girl and her friend in the cell. Zeke arrived in the dungeon but was very cautious. Just then he tripped on a brick and let out an "oof". "Hello? Who's there?" said a voice. Zeke quickly got up, went over to the cell, and delivered the stuff. He was about to leave when he felt someone holding his arm back. "Wait," said the same voice. Zeke didn't want anyone to see his appearance because he didn't want the girl or her friend to take it the wrong way. "Who are you?" the voice asked. Zeke was unsure about what to do. "I-I don't think you should see me like this," he muttered. The voice continued, "Please, I want to see who has helped us in this terrible place. Come into the light." As Zeke heard this he had no choice but to show himself to the girl and her friend. She gasped, "You're-you're one of them?" she asked. Zeke sighed, "Listen, it's not what it seems." The girl questioned him again, "You're helping us, but why?" Zeke sighed again, "Because I was taken, just like you and that joey," Zeke said, pointing to Roo who was a little perplexed. Zeke stopped as he heard voices coming down the stairs. He ran and then heard, "Hold on!" Zeke stopped and the girl asked, "What's your name?" Zeke looked over his shoulder, smiling forgivingly. "It's Zeke," he said and ran off. Zeke was back in the room he was staying in. He had to admit the girl was cute. He was about to draw a picture of her when he noticed Pain and Panic talking. He hid behind a wall and listened to them. "This is boring that we have to guard this place. I hope Hades give us a raise or something. We can't stay here forever," Pain said as Panic nodded. "That's kinda true," Panic mumbled. "What are you shushing under your breath?" Pain asked Panic. Panic started to panic. "Well, I think I may have told Hades the wrong thing. You see, the book I read said that the magic powers in the girl are still strong enough for us to take over the Tooniverse," Panic mentioned. Pain thought for a minute. "But how are we supposed to get that?" Pain wondered, pacing back and forth. "We could always do something malicious to the girl in order to get it. Maybe extract it from her," Panic thought. Pain got wide eyed in excitement. "Panic! You're right!" Pain said and ran up to kiss Panic's cheek to say good job. "Pain! Panic! I need your help pronto!" Hades called out to them over an intercom. "We better tell Hades and see what he thinks," Pain said. Zeke couldn't believe it. They were gonna do something horrible to his new friend and fast! Zeke was nervous so he paced back and forth. Something popped in his head. He had an idea. "I'm gonna bust her and her friend out of there no matter what or my name isn't Zeke Simpson! But first, I need a full proof plan," he said quite firmly, putting his fist in his hand and thinking. He got out a piece of paper and started jotting down his mission.