Chapter 8: Training

"Come on Maddy, you got this," Barley told Maddy as she focused on her ice powers. "But I'm scared I might mess up," Maddy frowned. Barley put his hand on Maddy's arm. "Let me help," Barley said as he positioned Maddy's posture. "Ok now you got this," Barley said. Madalyn focused hard on the target that Barley made for her. Maddy focused hard on the target then...BOOM! SNAP! ZOOM! The blue magic zapped all over the place and landed as snow on a tree. Maddy threw her hands in the air. "I'm terrible at this, I'll never get it right!" Maddy huffed. She sat on the curb and sighed. Barley walked up and sat down next to her. "Remember I told you that story about me and your Uncle Ian going on a quest together and Uncle Ian made me small with his magic?" Barley asked Maddy. Maddy started to giggle as she remembered Barley telling her the story. "Yes, I remember. You told me that story many times," she smiled. "But Uncle Ian never gave up and even saved my life! If he can manage his magic abilities, so can you. You might even use your powers to save someone's life." Barley said. Maddy looked at her dad. "You think so?" Maddy asked. "I know so. Hey, you can do this. I believe in you," Barley told Maddy. Maddy smiled and looked up at her dad. "Ok daddy, thank you," she said and they hugged each other. They returned back to target practice and Barley positioned Madalyn. "Remember the correct posture and focus," Barley told Maddy as Maddy nodded. She took a deep breath and then she aimed at the target trying to freeze it. "FOCCCUUS!" Barley told her and then the target froze. "Woohoo! Way to go Mads!" Barley shouted. "I did it! I did it!" Maddy shouted back to her dad. They ran toward each other and Barley scooped up Madalyn and spun her around. "Way to go princess! I knew you could do it!" Barley said. Maddy smiled and they both hugged each other. "Madalyn! Barley! Lunch time!" Elsa called out as Barley and Maddy headed inside.