Chapter 29: The Return of the King

I woke up the next morning feeling tired, like most of the time. It was boring in the palace without Thranduil. I went to breakfast and saw Nanel and Legolas sitting beside each other. "Good morning lovebirds" I said smiling. "Good morning" Nanel said. I looked at them with a smirk.

"Airenel, I have to tell you something after breakfast." Nanel said smiling. "Alright." I replied. We finished breakfast. Nanel took my hand and walked with me to her chambers. She locked the door.

"Legolas kissed me" She said. I could see that she was really nervous. "Well, I'm happy for you both." I said. "But I'm not." she said. My eyebrows kitted together. "why?" I asked. "Because, because I don't have a good feeling about this. I'm going to leave soon." she said letting a tear out. "where are you going to go?" I asked crossing my arms. "Far away, as far from Mirkwood as possible" she answered. "And I'm leaving tonight" she added. "Why? I don't understand." I said. "I don't understand either, but I have to go." she replied. "How are you going to tell Legolas that?" I asked. "I'll figure it out" she answered.

I was confused. She finally found me, and now she has to go? I do t understand. I heard soldiers stomping. I ran through Nanel and opened the doors. I rushed to the gates. The guards opened the doors and saw Thranduil laying on his horse. The horse walked in. "Thranduil!" I yelled in excitement. He looked at me. He got off his horse and hugged me. I kissed his sweetest lips.

I was happy and sad at the same time. "We shall have a great feast tonight!" Thranduil said smiling at everyone.

Thranduil and I were in our chambers getting ready for the feast. "Honey, I have a gift for you." He said walking up to me. "oh really?" I asked sarcastically. He walked up to me with a mirror. He placed the mirror in front my face. He took out a beautiful necklace in front of me. He placed it around my neck. "Thranduil... It's beautiful!" I said with a lot happiness. "I know" he replied. The necklace had Beautiful, shiny white gems.

We finished dressing and heading to the big ball room. When we entered, everyone cheered for us. We waved to everyone. We walked into the crowds. Thranduil went one way and I went the other way. I saw Nanel all lonely, so I walked to her. "Hey, where's Legolas?" I asked. "I don't know" she answered. She looked sad. "Hey, don't be sad. wait" I said. "Come with me" I added. she followed me. I went, got the sweetest wine and headed for my chambers.

We locked the doors and drank wine. We both laughed and cried.