Chapter 41: I've gone mad

Thranduil's POV
I saw her, tied to the wooden stand. I run to her. I pulled out my dagger and cut the ropes to set her free. "Airenel?!" I said worried. "AIRENEL?!" I shook her and yelled.

I picked her up and carried her to the horse. I settled her onto the horse and myself after. I rode off and made the horse go faster and faster. She wasn't breathing. I shook her over and over, harder and harder.

Moments later...
The palace was in my sight. I reached the gates and Legolas was there to greet us, but his smile turned upside down. "Legolas, CALL THE MEDIC NOW!" He ran off. I was left alone with Airenel and the guards trying to help.

Legolas comes back with a medic and puts a spell on her. "This should help" the medic said. I stared at her with a racing heart hoping she would wake up. No sign of any life in her, a tear runs down my cheek. "Airenel?" I whisper. Still no sign.

I start crying harder and harder as I burry my face into her chest. Sudden, a loud gasp coming from her. I look at her. She's alive. I smiled the second I saw her alive. "Airenel!" I said with such excitement. "The Queen is alive!" The medic yelled. I ignored him. "Thranduil!" She tried telling, but only whispers would come out her mouth. "Shh, you can't talk right now" I said.

I picked her once again and carried her to our bed. "MAMA!" Faervel had yelled. "Darling.." she whispered in pain. The spell only awakened her, but didn't take away her pain.

I brought her to our room and gently laid her onto the bed. I kissed her forehead and asked "do you want anything my Queen?". "Water please." she replied with a weak voice.

I brought her some water and she drank it. "May I ask you a question?" I asked her. "Of course" she replied. "What did they do to you? What did they say?" I asked worried. "Oh, they tortured me, they cut me, hit me, and they said, they're going to have a war and they'll win and will take over Mirkwood"After finishing that sentence, she had coughed. "Honey, don't worry. They won't" I said laughing. "They were serious" she yelled quietly. I laughed. "Even if we will have a war, we will win like always. You don't have to worry" I said holding her hand to comfort her and she smiled.

"Get some rest, I'll go and do some business" I told her. "Okay" she replied. " I love you" I said kissing her. "I love you too" she replied. I left the room and head off to the library.

"Lord Thranduil, there is a young lady stating she is from Lord Elrond" a guard said rushing into the room. I turn around and asked him, "What is her name?". "She hadn't said, she only said it's an emergency" the guard said.

Sorry I've been so inactive lately!!