Chapter 26: The Party

Thranduil was feeling better, but still sick. He would only cough a couple times a day and hasn't vomited since. He was well enough to do jobs. I wasn't any better. These nightmares would come every night. Wake up instantly every morning. I barley slept. I was afraid to go to sleep everyday.

The council meeting and party was today. This meeting and party was really important to Thranduil and I, as King and Queen. Legolas and Nanel are only coming to the party. At this meeting we are seeing Elrond and other councillors.

I went to our chambers and put on Thranduil's favourite silver dress and my crown. I finished getting ready and started walking to the room. Thranduil was already there. I walk into the room and see everyone standing waiting for me. I walked over to my chair. I look at everyone and slightly bow my head, everyone sat down. Thranduil was first one to talk.

Everything went well at the meeting and Theanduil and I headed for our chambers. He closed the door. "Good job." I said. "Thank you" He replied with a smile. I stared at him for a long time. His eyes sparkled like always, his smile lit up my world and his silver hair shined everyday.

We dressed up for the party and of course went to the room. We walked in and heard everyone talking and laughing. Thranduil and I went separate ways. I headed for Nanel and Theanduil went for Elrond. I was on my way to Nanel but a maid came right in front of me. "would you like some wine?" She offered. I took one and said "thank you". She left and I didn't see Nanel. I was walking around trying to find her, but she was no where to be seen.

I just stood there in the middle of crowds. "Hello my lady!" A woman I didn't know started talking to me. "Hello" I replied. "I didn't have a chance to speak to you after your wedding. You are really lucky you have him! You know I used to love him!" She said with a really annoying voice. "Thranduil?!" I asked. "Haha of course." she said and continued chatting. She seemed drunk.

I looked at the couples slow dancing on the dance floor to a classic song. Then I saw Nanel and Legolas dancing, they laughed and danced all night. Then I heard my and Thranduil's first song that we Dances to come on. "Would you like to dance with me, Airenel?" I turned around and saw Thranduil smiling at me. "Of course" I answered. We danced and laughed. He couldn't stop staring at me.

The song was over and he disappeared again. I felt tired and went to our chambers. Moments later Thranduil came in with two glasses and a wine bottle. "Thranduil, why did you bring wine in here?" I asked glaring at him. I knew he would get drunk. "To celebrate" He answered. "Come on. Let it go and enjoy a night one time." he said. "Fine, but only this time." I replied. He smiled and poured me some wine. I enjoyed the night.

Nanel's POV

"Follow me" Legolas said. I smiled and followed him. He lead me to the royal garden. It was midnight, it was pitch black outside. The stars came out, it was so beautiful. He sat me onto a bench. "You know, My Mother and Father used to come out like this when they were in love." He said. I was surprised, in love? I looked at him. stared into his crystal blue eyes. He stared back. Strange, I felt butterflies in my stomach just by staring at him. He lead in and kissed me. The feelings, I couldn't explain them. They just felt magical. His lips were so soft and the butterflies were set free.