Chapter 30: Birthday

^^^ This is the dress Airenel is going to wear for the feast.

The next morning I wake up and didn't see Thranduil in bed. Today is also my Birthday. I stood up and got dressed. I went out on the balcony breathing in the fresh morning air. Then I just walked out of our Chambers. I ate breakfast and went to the throne room. I walked in and didn't see Thranduil. I walked further into the room. Then I feel two arms sliding around my waist.

"Happy Birthday darling" It was Thranduil's deep voice that I heard. "Thank you" I replied. He grabbed my hand and spend me around. Then he hugged and kissed me.

When a royal family member has a birthday, then there is always a great big feast.

I saw Legolas and Nanel walking together down the hall. I look at them and they both look sad. Legolas took off mad and Nanel started crying. I rushed to her. "What happened??" I asked. "I told him" she answered. "Really? On my Birthday?" I asked also mad at her. "I'm sorry, I had to" he replied. "Whatever, come here" I said and hugged her. "There's going to be a great feast" I said smiling at her. "I know" she replied. "better look pretty" I said. "maybe" she replied.

Thranduil walked up to me and Nanel left. "Elrond is also coming" Thranduil said. "oh, what a surprise" I replied. "Better look beautiful" he said smiling. "I will" I replied.

Evening...
I'm standing currently outside the doors of the ball room. I have my dress on and all ready. I open the door and everyone yelled "SURPRISE!!" I jumped a little. Everyone put a smile on my face.

I saw Elrond with Thranduil, Legolas with other men, but I didn't see Nanel. I walked around in the crowds trying to find her, but she was no where to be seen. "Is everything alright?" Thranduil asked from behind. I turned around. "yes" I answered. "Would you like wine or something?" He asked. "yes please, white wine" I answered. He brought me wine and I said "thank you", "no problem" he replied.

"Would you like to dance with me?" He asked. "I would love to" I answered. He took my hand and dragged me to the dance floor. We were on the centre of it. We danced and danced. "May I?" I turned to see who it was and it was Legolas. Thranduil let go of me and let Legolas take control. "Happy Birthday" he said. "Thank you" I replied with a smile. "Legolas, may I ask you a question?" I asked. "sure" he replied. "What happened with you and Nanel?" I asked. I knew it was a terrible question, but I had to risk. "she said that she couldn't be with me and that she had to leave." he answered. "did she tell you where she had to go?" I asked. "No" he replied.