Chapter 3: In his Bed

Airenel's POV
I woke up in big bed, like it can almost fit 4 people in. And the is Lord Thranduil, holding my hand. "Sorry Lord Thranduil, I failed you." I speak out. "No, you did good" He said smiling. I looks into his eyes and get lost in them every time because they are so beautiful. "Doctor said you will have to lay in bed for 9 days." Lord Thranduil said. "But... But I'm your first guard, I have to protect you." I said with a crack in my voice. "I know but, you're ill. You cannot continue or you'll die." "isn't that what I'm your guard for? Protect you until I die?" I asked him. "You are my guard to help and to protect me, but not until you die." He spoke with confidence. "Very well then, what's the plan then?" I asked. "Well, you lay in my bed for 9 days then you will take it easy on yourself." "Lord, I'm in your bed?" "Yes, I want you to feel comfortable. Now get some rest my darling." He stands from his chair, kisses my forehead and leaves. I felt so special, I was called 'his darling' and I get to lay in his bed for 9 days. I closed my eyes but, still having a smile on my face. I fall asleep.

7 days later...

I wake up, Lord Thranduil is in the same seat he was sitting last time and holding my hand. "Good morning sunshine, how are you feeling?" He asks. "Good morning to you too, I feel much better than last time." I answered. "How many days was I asleep?" I asked him. "7 days" "woah... 7 days is a lot." I was surprised. I was in a little pain but it wasn't bad. "Are you hungry?" He asked. "Umm yeah, a little." I felt more sick than hungry. "Alright I'll bring you some soup and bread" "sounds good to me" I smiled. He stood up and left. Weird, Legolas hasn't came in to check on me in a while, I wonder if he's alright. Moments later Lord Thranduil came in with soup and some bread. "There you go my love." He placed the tray on the table. I sat up and then he placed the tray onto my legs. "Thanks you my Lord. Have you seen Legolas anywhere by any chance?" I asked. "No, he left Mirkwood 3 days ago, still hasn't come back." "Oh" I started to worry. I finished the soup and ate the bread. He took the tray and placed it on the table. Before he left he kissed my left cheek, then right cheek and for last he kissed my forehead. "I shall leave you in peace." He turned around. Just before he left I had time to say... "Lord Thranduil, thank you for everything." He smiled and left the room.