chapter eight

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺

it was lunch break and every 2nd year students started to gradually gathered around in the hall. everyone was keen to know their own exam rank by checking them on the large board that displayed on the wall.

"oh well, just as expected. our genius lee dongmin got the first place again" raejin chimed while observing the ranking board and spotted her name on the 10th place.

raejin wasn't really upset about it because the rank wasn't everything to her. but.... the thought of being a disappointment to her parents kinda scares her.

although they don't show it, she knew it because she is their first child and she must be a role model towards her younger brother.

"omgg look! nari is improving!" raejin excitedly pointed at the board, precisely at nari's name which was on the 30th place.

nari wasn't there with them because she was feeling unwell and decided to get some rest at home.

"hyungwon also improved" eunwoo stated, pointing at hyungwon's name which was on the side of 100-250th.

"wait what? really? i don't see any difference...?" hyungwon responded.

previously, he was always stuck on the 243th place since last year. surprisingly, his name was on the 238th place today.

raejin gasped in shock, "OH MY GOD YOU'RE RIGHTT! WONNIE-AH, IM SO PROUD OF YOUU!"

she was going to hyungwon for a hug but eunwoo suddenly stretched out his arm out and it was blocking their way.

hyungwon and raejin simultaneously turned to eunwoo with puzzled looks.

eunwoo realized what he was doing and was very flustered of his embarrassing action just now.

he quickly covered it up by letting out a couple of cough and swayed his arm up and down.

"t-there was a...f-fly!"

"a fly? in the middle of this hall?" raejin furrowed her eyebrows, thinking of what the hell is a fly doing here and not in the cafeteria. that doesn't make any sense.

"yah, are you okay? you don't have a fever right...?" hyungwon looked at eunwoo worriedly, afraid that he was going crazy because of studying.

"i'm f-fine! it's a bit hot in here don't you think? it's better if we go n-now!" eunwoo laughed nervously and left the hall as fast as he can.

"why is he running- yah, dongmin!" said raejin as the two of them straight away followed eunwoo from behind.

{🦋🦋🦋}

it was 4:53 p.m after the school hour ended. a doorbell can be heard from the outside of nari's house.

nari was resting on the couch watching the tv when she heard the doorbell and got out of it.

she looked at the peephole first and saw hyungwon standing in front of her house still in his school uniform.

nari immediately opened the door and looked at hyungwon in confusion, "....what are you doing here?"

"is your mom home?"

"no...she went to buy groceries"

"oh. here, take this" he passed her a small white plastic bag containing medicines, "we bought it for you"