It Only Takes A Moment

Evelyn began getting things packed from her plant shop. She took a last look around before she shut the lights off, and left, locking the door behind her.

Evelyn was about to go to her car when she saw Walter walking toward her.

"Oh, hi, Walter." Evelyn greeted him, slightly surprised.

"Congrats on getting a job in Boston," Walter mumbled.

"Thanks." She smiled.

"Well, I hope you'll do great in Boston," Walter said. "Here's a little something to remember me by." He gives her his address and a wonderful bouquet with roses of different colors.

"I'm sure I will." Evelyn agreed. She was still a little nervous about leaving town. "Oh, thank you. That's really nice." She accepted the flowers, smiling.

"Are you going to be safe?" Walter asked.

"Yeah, I'll be just fine." Evelyn assured. "I can take care of myself."

Evelyn got in the car and started to drive home to pack her things for her new job. Her mind was made up. This way she could have a new start and not be stuck in a loveless marriage.

She was close to the town border when she got into a crash. Luckily, she wore her seatbelt and the airbag had deployed.

----

Evelyn slowly woke up to see she was all tied up, to see she was tied up in a store so familiar it might have been shoes or wood.

"What's going on? Where am I?" She wondered. Evelyn looked around the house. There was a plate of food and water set out for her, but there was no one around. Evelyn immediately ate it all up. "Hello? Is anyone here?!" She called after she finished eating.

"Well, well, dearie." A voice spoke up.

"Looks like someone is una damisela en apuros." Another voice said, with a Spanish tongue.

Evelyn was startled by the voices. "What do you want with me?" She asked, scared.

"Oh, nothing." A monotone voice said. "But you will never escape."

Evelyn felt even more scared. She couldn't imagine why anyone would want to kidnap her. "HELP!" Evelyn tried to scream for help, but her mouth was shut by a man in white clothing and an eyepatch with a red-eye pattern.

"Don't bother." The man said in a monotone voice. "In this space, no one can hear you scream. I'll make sure you never escape." The man said as he put a handkerchief on her mouth. Evelyn tried to protest, but her cries were muffled.

The man used some sort of sleeping potion, causing her to be conscious and collapse. "That should keep her quiet." He said, looking smug.

The man began walking out of the basement to see Ms. Wood, and Ms. Cordwain, sitting in the dining room.

"Hostage unconscious, ladies." He reported.

Ms. Cordwain rolled her eyes. 'When you tried to kill the two robots on your ship.' she said in her head with disgust.

"I just gave her a sleeping potion." The man said. "The effects are only temporary."

"A sleeping potion which I found." Ms. Wood said. "I hope Mr. Brodie stays in power."

"His only competitor seems to be that Jack fellow." The man pointed out.

"I do have to agree." Ms. Cordwain replied, playing along.

"As do I." Ms. Wood agreed. "Especially since he's become so close to his girl."

"As in forcing her to be his housewife." Ms. Cordwain said.