Valentine's Day

Valentine's day had finally arrived in Pixfare. Everything was decorated with lots of things Valentine themed. Even the schools were decorated as well, and everyone was giving out their Valentines and showing how they cared for each other.

However, some people weren't so fond of the holiday. Mostly because they didn't have a special someone.

Hilary was excited for Valentine's Day, except for last night, with Ben in the hospital. She was also getting ready for school and getting her Valentine's Day cards, chocolate, candy, and gifts for her friends, family, even her group, and Jack. For the first time, Valentine's Day has finally arrived in Pixfare.
Hilary was especially excited because not only were the holidays back, but she had friends and her real dad in town.
Hilary put her Valentine's things in her backpack, already had her school uniform on, got her storybook, got herself some toast and jam for breakfast, drank her milk box, and went to the bus stop. On the way, she heard all the rumors from the townspeople about Ben and his injuries from Ms. Cordwain from last night, the night before Valentine's Day.
She saw Jack standing by the bus stop, where some other kids were waiting. "Hey, Jack!"
"Hey, kid."
"Have you heard about De la Curz being injured by Mamá Imelda?" Michael asked, getting the newspaper and gave it to her. "It happened last night."
'Don't tell me you believe in that curse stuff too.' Jack thought to himself. "Yeah, I have." Jack nodded. "I actually stopped Ms. Cordwain before she did worse, and then I arrested her."
"Good thinking, Jack." Hilary said and then hugged Jack. "Happy Valentine's Day!"
"You too, kid." Jack smiled and hugged her back.
"I got something for you!" Hillary said, giving him his favorite candies, a box of chocolates, a heart-shaped card, and a stuffed elephant.
"Wow." Jack looked speechless. He had never gotten a Valentine before. "This is really nice of you. Thanks."
"You're welcome." Hilary said.
Then the bus to the elementary school arrived.
"The bus is here." Hilary said. "See ya after school."
After the Elementary school bus left, the Middle School bus had arrived as well as the high school bus. The rest of the kids then boarded their respective buses.

At Pixfare Elementary, Hilary was amazed at the decorations the school made for Valentine's Day. When she went inside, it was even more decorated than the outside. Even the classroom was filled up. Hilary finally made it to Ms. Richards' class. It was beautiful in many Valentine's Day decorations, and Riley and Melody were waiting for her.
"Hi, Hilary!" Both the girls waved in unison.
"Hey, girls!" Hilary greeted them, waving back. "Happy Valentine's Day."
"We saved you a seat." Riley said.
"Great." Hilary smiled and they sat at their desks. Ms. Richards came into the classroom. "Good morning, class." She said with a welcoming smile. "Happy Valentine's Day."
"Happy Valentine's Day, Ms. Richards." The class replied. "I hope everybody got their Valentines because we're doing Valentine's gift exchange to your classmates and friends." Laura Reed explained.
"Yay!" The kids all cheered.
"Here you go, Riley." Hilary gave her a big box, filled with chocolates, candies, and a card.
"Aww, thanks, Hilary." Riley smiled. "These are for you." She also gave her a card and some chocolates."
"So amazing, thanks, Riley!" Hilary said.
"You're welcome." Riley replied.
At Pixfare Middle School, Susan was getting her textbooks for her drama class when Michael came, holding a present behind his back.
"Hey... Violet." Michael blushed.
"Hey, Michael." Susan turned to face him and greeted him, smiling. "Happy Valentine's Day."
"You too." Michael said. "I got something for you." He took the present out from behind his back to reveal a box with a valentine themed colors. "You should open it."
Susan took the box and opened it to see a rose and a gold necklace. "Wow, I love it. Thanks, Michael." She smiled.
"G-Gracias." Michael said. "Got something for me? Or your crush in your drama class?"
"Well, I did write you a poem. I-I hope you like it." Susan took out a piece of paper and a black rose.
Michael began reading the poem.
'We first met on an internet site, And had a bond that felt so right, The Dark Curse soon tore us apart, But we found each other again, For our friendship remained in our heart'
Michael's heart melted at her poem. "You remember how we met." He said.
"Of course I do." She replied with a smile.
"Do you have a crush on someone from your drama class?" Michael asked, putting the poem into his backpack.
"Well, yes. I found out that Tony's in my class. I still really like him." She admitted.
Soon the bell rang, meaning it was time for 3rd and 4th-period classes.
"I gotta get to my next class. I'll see you later." Susan said before starting to leave.