The Curse

Pixarverse - Past

At the Parr residence, everyone was celebrating superheroes now being legal. They were having a good time when the doors suddenly banged open. Everyone turned and gasped to see Syndrome standing with a smug expression.
"Sorry I'm late." He crossed the room, approaching the Incredibles.

" He crossed the room, approaching the Incredibles

"It's Syndrome. He's alive!" One of the guests cried.
Other supers tried to stop him, but he moved them out of the way with his zero-point energy. "What? No invite for a fellow super?"
Elastigirl used her stretching powers and grabbed her children. "He's not a super! He's nothing more than a villain!"
Mr. Incredible stood in front of her and the kids, facing Syndrome. "You're wasting your time. You've already lost. And we won't let you ruin this party."
"Oh, I haven't come here to ruin anything. On the contrary," Syndrome said. "I've come to give you a gift."
"We want nothing from you." Elastigirl firmly refused, shaking her head.

" Elastigirl firmly refused, shaking her head

"But you will have it." Syndrome said, not accepting her refusal. "My gift to you is this happy, happy day. For tomorrow, my real work begins. You may have become legal again, but soon, everything you love, everything all of you love, will be taken from you. Forever. And out of your suffering will rise my victory. I will destroy your happiness if it's the last thing I do." He turned and headed to the door.
"Hey!" Mr. Incredible called after him. He lunged at Syndrome, but he flew away with his rocket boots. The guests nervously talked amongst themselves, and the Incredibles held onto each other.

---
A week later, Violet was in her room. She got on her laptop and got a video chat from Miguel.
"Hey, Miguel." She answered the call. "How are you?"
"I heard about what happened at the party a week ago." Miguel said, rubbing the back of his head. "It was on the interdimensional news."
"I don't get it. How could Syndrome be alive?" Violet wondered, confused. "My family and I saw him get sucked into the jet's turbine and then it exploded."