Dreams

On a beautiful Saturday morning, Jessica, a slender, fair-skinned woman with pink lips, red hair, auburn eyebrows, and green eyes woke up yawning. She looked at her clock which read 4:13 AM and then checked her phone for any messages. She saw some from her work partner, Jim.

Hey, Jess
How R U this morning?

Jessica yawned harder as she texted.
I'm a bit tired, I just woke up. You?

Jim replied back.

Jessica replied back.
What happened in your sleep? Anything wrong? Why didn't you get some sleep last night?

Jim messaged her back.
It's nothing. Just had some weird dream.

Jessica texted back.
What dream did you have?

Jim answered.

I was running from a dog, but then I was in some house, surrounded by these strange-looking toys.

Jessica looked surprised and replied back.

I had a dream similar to that. It was me in a suitcase, but I'm on a plane about to take off, but then I saw you.

Jim messaged her.

Really? Sounds like it must have been scary.

Jessica replied back.

Well, since we both had weird dreams and didn't get a good night's rest, maybe Larry and the others will take over the store while we take the day off?

Jim messaged her.

That'd be nice. But I don't think the boss would agree to that.

Jessica messaged him.

I'll give it a try. BRB

Jim replied back.

Good. I'm gonna try too.
-
Meanwhile, at Sunset Toy Store's office, Lynn a large man, with magenta hair, big nose, thick dark magenta eyebrows, and light brown eyes was doing paperwork when he heard the phone ringing. He noticed it was from Jim, and put him on speaker.
"Well, hello there, Jim." He answered. "What are you doing calling so early?"
Jim yawned. "I just didn't get enough sleep last night, plus it's Saturday. So, is it okay for me and Jessica to take two days off of work, please?"
"Oh, that's a shame." He thought for a moment. "Well, you two take the day to rest up, and come in the day after."
"Thanks, Mr. Lynn," said Jim. "Have a nice weekend."
"No problem. You too, boy." He then hung up the phone.
-
Jim finally slept till 9 AM, while Jessica slept till 8 am. When her alarm went off, she took a shower, and then put on her white polo shirt, blue jeans, and put her hair in a braided ponytail.
She went into the kitchen and dining room, and so herself some corn flakes with banana slices and blueberries and poured a glass of orange juice. She picked up her phone to check her email from Sunset Toy Store.
There was a message from her boss requesting that she come in for her normal work shift the next day.
Jessica emailed him back that she might go to work tomorrow if she doesn't have the chance.
He emailed her back, telling her what he told Jim on the phone. He was letting them take the day to rest but to come in the next day.
She went back to eating her corn flakes when she got a text message from Brianna Edison.

Hey, girl :) How R U doing?

Jessica message her back.

How did U sleep last night?

Brianna answered.

Pretty ok. I was looking over papers for my class. U?

Jessica reply

Just eating some breakfast. What papers do you have from class?

Brianna messaged.

The usual stuff. Essays, tests, reports, that kind of thing.