Jack-Jack Flashback part 1

Earth past, 1989

The Earth suddenly shook as the door transported two little kids out of it. One of them was Jack-Jack. The other was a young girl dressed in a multicolored outfit and feather hair clips.
The girl was 7 years old and had a shade of mocha, a mixture of black and brown straight hair, and brown-black eyes. She looked at her hands and screamed, and realized she had a voice.
"My feathers are gone!" She cried, and then put a hand on her mouth. "I can talk? I can talk!"
She then took one step at a time, realizing she can walk on her two legs. Her two HUMAN LEGS.
Everything around her looked so much bigger now that she was human height.
Soon, Jack-Jack began to cry. The girl kneeled beside him and tried shushing him to make him stop.
She picked up the baby and carefully walked out of the forest when a couple of police officers came.
"Hello there, little girl." One of them greeted her. "What are you doing out here all alone?"
The girl had to make up her new name and make up a story.
"My name's Ke- uh, Kelly, and I found this baby alone in the woods." She explained.
"Alright, Kelly, what's the baby's name?" One of the police asked, writing everything down. "How did you end up in the woods?"
"His name's Jack." She replied. "We got separated from our families, and now we're lost."
"Well, you two kids get in the car while we contact the orphanages." One of the police officers said.
"Ok." Kelly nodded. She climbed into the police car and held Jack-Jack in her lap. "Question. What is this place?" She asked.
"This is Northern New England." One of the officers answered.
"Which state?" Kelly asked, getting Jack-Jack to sleep.
"Well, right now we're on the outskirts of Massachusetts." He replied.
Kelly was shocked. She was in the world without magic. "What time is it?" She asked again, looking out the car window.
The officer glanced at his watch. "It's 2:30 in the afternoon." He answered.
Kelly sighed, remembering her last moments with Carl and Russell.
"You must look out for this child, in this new land." Carl urged, bringing Kevin to the door.
"It's the only way we'll see each other again." Russell added.

A few hours later, the police called all of the local orphanages and foster systems to take them in their care. While on the drive, Kelly and Jack-Jack were taking a nap.

They soon arrived in Boston, and the car pulled up to a large building.
"What is this place?" Kelly asked, yawning, and picking up Jack-Jack.
The officers stepped out of the car and opened the door for the two kids. "This is Kindred Hearts Orphanage. Your new home."
Kelly and Jack-Jack followed the officers up the stairs, and maintenance, and to the office where Ms. Marie Raskind, a middle-aged curvy, brown-skinned, red-headed, purple-eyed woman was. She had a few wrinkles despite being 32, she wore a green polo shirt, long red skirt, and some black high-heels, and her shoulder-length hair in a braid, and glasses.
She looked up from her work and greeted the policemen. "Good afternoon, Officers. How can I help you?" She asked.
The officers explained everything to Ms. Marie Raskind. She was shocked at the thought of two children being abandoned in the woods. Not to mention a baby. Kelly shyly looked up at Marie.
"Hi, there." Marie said, getting down to her eye level. "It's okay. No need to be scared." She assured her.
Marie then signed them in and began showing them the orphanage. They soon reached one of the bedrooms and Marie opened the door. "This will be your room.
Kelly and Jack were amazed by the room, and many kids were talking amongst themselves, and many beds. Some of the kids turned toward the door and saw the new arrivals.
"Kids, these are the kids joining us." Marie announced, kindly. "Would you and Jack like to introduce yourselves?" She asked Kelly and Jack-Jack.
"Hi. everyone. My name's Kelly," Kelly introduced herself to the other kids. "and this little guy is Jack."
The kids began greeting each other. Marie then left the room, letting the kids get acquainted.

A few months later, May 1990. It was morning, and everybody was getting ready. Jack-Jack was crying in his crib next to Kelly's bed. She came over to his crib.
"Shh, shh. Don't cry, Jack-Jack." She tried to quiet him. "Look at me, watch this." She made funny faces at him. Jack-Jack quieted down and looked at her. "There. That's better, right?" Kelly then held her nose and pretends to drown. She sat on the floor next to the crib with a box by her side.
Kelly started to fix one of the legs of the crib when a man entered the room.
"Do those tools belong to you?" He asked. It is Marie's husband, John Raskind, a man her age but with a chubby body and a mustache.
"I was just trying to fix the crib. I didn't want Jack to fall out and get hurt." Kelly explained, frightened.
Mr. Raskind kneeled to grab Kelly's arm. "Don't ever touch anything in this house again. Nothing belongs to you." He said sternly.
"Yes, Mr. Raskind." Kelly said.
Mr. Raskind took the tools back and left the room.
Amy, an 8-year-old girl with short red hair, light freckles, pale skin, and magenta eyes came over to Kelly. "Hey. You okay?" Kelly nodded. "Uh, can you keep a secret?" Kelly nodded again.
Amy pulled a roll of cash from her pocket and showed it to Kelly.
"Wow. Where'd you get that?" Kelly asked.
"I stole it from the sock drawer." Amy explained. "It's enough to buy us all bus tickets out of here."
"You're leaving? When?" Kelly asked.
"Right now." Amy said. "You wanna come?" She questioned.
Kelly glanced a Jack-Jack in the crib. "I have to take care of Jack. Can he come, please?"
"We can't take care of a baby." Amy complained. "You want to stay here for the rest of your life, be my guest." She started to leave.
Kelly looked distressed for a moment. "Wait." Amy stopped with three other children. Kelly turned to the crib. "I'm sorry, Jack-Jack." She whispered. She kissed her fingers and rubbed his forehead with them before leaving.