Chapter 33

❝ 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭. ❞

~

Handong began to shove Yoohyeon out while SuA spotted the figure. "Yoohyeon! Where's the gun?!"

She tossed it over just before she disappeared out of sight and ran behind Dami and Gahyeon, Handong also following. "SuA, be carefu---"

JiU was cut off with a large bang. "Run!"

The both of them ran after everyone as the gun began shooting its last bullets. "It's empty!"

"Forget it!" JiU tugged SuA out and quickly drifted towards the exit. Heart pumping its very best, they managed to just get behind the rest, but in the corner of their eyes, a presence haunts them as they run off. Fatigue took over so suddenly and their physique started to run out of gas. Something pulled them, sucked them into some phase of confusion and emptiness.

JiU then jerked with SuA on the edge of her arm. It seemed like they were running without purpose as the presence came closer.

"Why am I even running? It's pointless, why are we being chased?"

"JiU! Don't slow down! They'll put you into a trance! Listen to me!"

JiU suddenly snapped and accelerated forward. She turned back to see SuA's worried face and the entity chasing her. "Keep running! We'll make it!"

"JiU unnie! SuA unnie! Take my hand!" Handong screamed while backing off to guide their suffering, but it was not easy. Both their hearing were blurred and their vision was dim. They could not accept the surroundings that easily. "Take my hand! Everyone else is already over the wall!"

"Wall?"

"Quickly!"

Then unconsciously, JiU clasped her hands with Handong. "H-Handong!"

It was not all okay. The moment they linked their hands, SuA was already too weak, too fatigued, to go on. Both their eyes dilated as they see SuA being devoured by the abyss of blur.

"SuA!" JiU tried to jump to save SuA but Handong tugged her back to prevent her from ending up the same way as her. "It's too late, I'm sorry! We'll get her back later."

"SuA.."

Handong climbed over the gate while JiU mourn over what was already gone. "JiU, I'm sorry but we'll see her again, hopefully. Just, come up here. Everyone's waiting."

"Y-Yeah," she trembled while still reminiscing over that nightmare she just saw.

Her mind was fazed. Everything that happened before she had fallen unconscious had dissipated from her memory. She could not recall what event brought her in here, but before she could even recall anything, a lightning fast strike grabbed both her wrists. Too numb to even take time to scream, more of the attacks came on until she was funny restricted.

Without conscience, her mouth muttered, "Not again.." It was a reflex, something she did not intend to do, neither did she know the reason.

Her eyes glare down to the parts that has already been struck with the chains --- it was all red and bruised; on the verge of breaking. The cracking and squeezing triggered a scream no one could hear. A petrifying, a horrifying shout. Her heart pumped faster. Her gasps were sharp like a dagger, yet no one to pierce the ears of.

Her voice was shrill and just running out of breath, suddenly struck with a choking feeling when some weight struck over her shoulder. She fell on her knees and her chest fell forward along with the chains glued to her hands. She could not move any more once she fell. Things could not be worse, until her body started to feel like a doll being toyed around when the chains compressed her in.

The feeling of restraint had never felt any worse.

The screams were louder now, still alerting no one. Breathes were short and gasps were all collapsing down.

Her neck was hit.

The chain running through, squeezing it in. She faced up to search for more oxygen to breathe in. Nothing. Her mouth was dry, her ears only heard the accelerated heart beats, still nothing to consume.

Then a long beep.

The white coated man turned back and slid his glasses back on. He slowly walked to the girl's body that feebly sat there. His face shifted closer into her's. He laid his two fingers on her neck and cursed aloud. Pulling out the clipboard to make some observations, he clearly scratched off a name. "Number two and three," he sighed, "gone."

a/n:
hey readers. as you may have noticed i am publishing less often because i'm feeling so unmotivated and found a new hobby. but don't worry, i will try to finish this story and not leave it hanging. this is probably my last fanfic because as i've said in the conversations section, i feel uncomfortable writing about other people's lives and will try to post something more original like what i'm trying to figure out right now.

so thank you for reading this far and i really appreciate it and i hope you can be patient for more updates. 💕

- carmaander