Chapter 39

JiU sat there, looking pale and lifeless doing the medical checkups. The doctor tried to engage her into a conversation, but she did not budge. Her mind was blank and empty as she kept staring through the window glass in the hospital room.

"There we go," the nurse sighed. "Now, all you need to do is take these vitamins and get some rest. I'll let your friends in soon." The nurse finished up the area and JiU nodded to thank her, but continued to stare blankly at the birds on the trees. The door closed when the nurse exited but quickly opened back up when Gahyeon entered. "Unnie, how are you feeling?"

JiU did not make eye contact but she replied simply, "Fine."

Gahyeon let herself in and sat on the bed beside JiU's. "Look, I'm sorry for making things hard for you. I didn't mean to be a burden, a-and.. I don't know what's happening---"

"Gahyeon, it wasn't your fault." JiU looked down and her emotions started to emerge. "My emotions.. They got out of hand. I just can't seem to think right anymore." JiU then changed her glare direction to face Gahyeon. "How's Siyeon?"

"I visited her before, she's doing fine. She said similar things to you. No one gets out of there with their right mind, so it's okay."

"No, Gahyeon." JiU jumped off her bed and hopped onto Gahyeon's side and held her hand. "I shouldn't have taken it out on you, none of us should. What's done is done.. None of us could do anything and we have to accept that they're.. Gone." JiU smiled warmly even in the situation she mentioned, still endeavoring to get all her emotions straight.

Gahyeon smiled. "I've got to get used to it now. It's an experience. Uhm.. I just probably won't get the fact that I'm never going to be able to hear Yoohyeon's whining again." They both laughed at this, maybe tearing up a bit.

The two huddled in a cuddle. Yes, both were devastated at the losses but what could they do? What was done is done, it is what it is. The sun began to set slowly and by the time the week ended, they were free to go.

A few years later..

It was the first Winter night, the majority of everyone was huddled up warmly in their own homes with their families, but one stood out in the freezing air, accompanied by only memories of the apartment building with dimmed lights and the incoming figure who was approaching her. "Looks like you kept the blonde look," the one who stood there longer joked.

"Aren't you supposed to be with your family right now?" the girl asked, shivering at the end and stuffing her gloved hands into her jacket.

The girl placed herself beside the other and she chuckled quietly and hummed. "Yknow, we were like family." She gazed up the building, going through the on and off lights.

"That, I finally can agree with you," the other followed along. The two locked their gazes at one of the levels of the building, the moment suddenly cut off with the younger one tremble, soon being handed a hot pack.

"I have to be honest, I've never missed the dorm this much, ever," she sighed, taking her hand out and hanging it out so she could hold hands together.

"Having all the fun without me?" a cuter and more childish voice sounded from behind. The two looked and smiled softly. "Come here." The two welcomed her in between their arms and tightened in a hug.

"Siyeon, Gahyeon, I'm glad to have you guys in my life."

"Same goes for me."

"Me too!"

The one in the middle tightened the hug. "I'll never forget you guys, no matter where we are."

The End.