Chapter 5

❝ 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞, 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐝. ❞

~

Dami was first to burst into the gym front desk, directly confronting Gahyeon's Pilates coach; she spoke out first. "You must be her band mates?" she greeted slowly while looking at Dami trying to contain her panting. Dami and the three bowed quickly and skipping all the casual talk. Her coach bowed back but then quickly handed in a phone with a white and red phone with cute doodles.

"I'm so sorry we had to interrupt---"

"No, no, it's all good. I was just about to finish up for the day anyways." Dami received the bag and phone and handed the bag to Handong. Yoohyeon stepped forward. "Does she normally disappear like this?"

"Well she usually finishes her classes with me around 12 pm and we usually grab some lunch together but this time I had some stuff to finish."

"Where did she say she would go again?"

The coach tried to recall. "She said she was going to grab some lunch nearby when she was going to her locker room to grab all her other things. I haven't seen her since then so I thought she already headed out. When I went into the locker room to get a simple drink, I saw that her locker was opened ajar with the key still stuck on it. That's where I found her bag and her phone was dropped on the floor."

The three took a deep breathe. How could this be? Gahyeon never leaves her phone, well never this long. Then Handong spoke, "T-Thank you for giving your time and again sorry for interrupting."

"Not at all, it's my pleasure."

They all dispersed after bowing back to thank her. "Where is that girl?"

"I.. I don't know, but I'm scared. We're K-pop idols, how if---"

Dami shut her hand on Yoohyeon's mouth before she even spoke another word. "Don't.. Say it. She's a responsible girl, she was just clumsy. Yoohyeon loses her phone most of the time."

"But she would never forget her stuff nor leave her locker door open."

They all entered the car and drove back to the dorm. Dami clenched their youngest's phone. Yoohyeon scratched her teeth all the way there, a bad habit or nervousness. Handong kept quiet all the way, scratching her knees back and forth and slowly rummaging through the bag. Their dorm was almost in sight, coming closer and closer. The three could almost visualize just entering their dorm just to inform the three unnies that their maknae was missing. Yoohyeon sighed.

"Dami---"

Everyone jumped once the phone vibrated and rang loudly. Dami's hands stumbled to grab hold of the device as it's vibration was strong and unexpected.

Handong leaned in. "Who's calling her?"

"Probably some friends? I dunno," Dami replied while flipping her phone to see the screen. Her eyebrows fell closer. "Oh, it's an unknown."

"Dami, just ignore it. You know how saesangs play," Yoohyeon sighed, "it's annoying.."

Dami shrugged and let the phone fall silent by itself. The vehicle stopped and finally gave the three time to exit and enter their dorm building. "What are we going to tell the unnies?"

"Hoping they don't scold us first, I'd say we throw it straight to them," Yoohyeon replied to Handong while entering the elevator. Dami stood in the middle of them, stroking Gahyeon's phone. "Aish Lee Gahyeon, why are you so clumsy?"

Ding!

All of them stepped off at once. They took a turn, still replaying the made up scenario they all had in their heads on how to tell everyone else about the situation they are having. They should be concerned, they will be concerned. Nobody likes to deal with anyone being upset, but how was this possible? It will not be easy to convince anyone that someone is missing. Maybe she was visiting the company building again to finish yesterday's work. No one will really know until some magical happens like a police investigation or when she shows up, and no one will believe it that fast until they have solid proof.

Siyeon appeared at the door. "Where have you guys been? Where's Gahyeon?"

Dami sighed. "Oh we were just looking for her as you guys enjoy watching that drama of yours." The dorm door was closed and now the three just got a drink to get. Siyeon followed them around. "Is Gahyeon with her friends?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? I thought you just went to get her."

"Siyeon, we don't know where she is," Handong stuttered with some horror and disbelief in her eyes. Siyeon opened her mouth. "Come on Handong, don't play with me. You're a horrible joker," she laughed while taking a chip in her mouth. The room was filled with stagnant silence, even JiU and SuA did not seem too worried, just because they do not know what was to come.

"We are not joking. Her coach said she---"

Then Gahyeon's phone vibrated. It was another call, another from 'unknown'.

"Saesangs most probably." Not long after Yoohyeon said that, her phone received a text. They could not really open it as they did not know her password, they only read it through the notifications.

Unknown
want ur precious little maknae back?

Siyeon shuffled through with everyone. "That's so creepy, those saesangs really need to be reported." Then footsteps came through. "What's going on?" JiU asked, coming in the crowd with SuA. "Saesang problems. It's so annoying." Then SuA peeked through the heads and saw that Dami was not holding her own phone, but Gahyeon's. "That's Gahyeon's phone. Why do you have it?"

Dami hushed SuA slowly to calm the situation down. "Hey, where is Gahyeon---"

Handong silenced her again. SuA scoffed, "I'm getting played by these kids." JiU laughed.

Unknown
if u want her back

answer the calls and i'll show you

Yoohyeon shrieked in shock. "What is this?!"

"It's a prank."

"But where is Gahyeon?" JiU backed it up. Dami looked up to see the curious faces. She slammed the phone down on the table and stood up. "We don't know. Gahyeon might be at the company building since we haven't checked but she left all her stuff, including her phone, at her gym."

"Aish, you're making a big deal. Here, I'll call the managers, they'll know where she is. Gahyeon isn't the type to just run off like that," Siyeon said while pulling her phone out to call their managers. Her eyes remained unbothered as she continues to call. "Hello, is Gahyeon there at the company building?"

Siyeon started to nod slowly. "Oh?"

"What's he saying?" Handong asked, soon also getting ignored by Siyeon.

"Is that so?" she chuckled, "okay then. Have a nice day." The call ended with that note. "She's not at the company either. He said it's been quiet all day without us," she giggled slowly but then died down to a calm but panicked state. "She's not at the company?!" SuA exclaimed.

Bzzt. Bzzt.

They peeked once more. "It's him.. Or her again."

Unknown
pick up the calls

gahyeon won't last

Then the phone rang, flashing out a green and red button to accept or decline. Would they pick it up? Or would they keep convincing themselves it is a prank?