Chapter 2

❝ 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬.
𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦. ❞

~

Yoohyeon woke up to the sound of sizzling on the pan and the smell of fresh pancakes. She continued walking, limping with the sleepiness just pushing down. She went through the kitchen entrance and stuttered once she saw someone beside the cooking pan, "U-Unnie?"

The girl turned. "Oh? Yoohyeonie, did you sleep well?"

She shrugged back and fell backwards on the couch after peeking through the kitchen to see SuA preparing some breakfast. Her eyes slowly fell, lower and lower and then stuck permanently. She was totally out of reality and back to her previous state: asleep. Moments later, another door was opened. "Ahh, Yoohyeon.. Scoot over," the older ordered feebly as she tried to roll her, nearly off the edge. There were now two on the couch, sleeping there.

Doors continued to open from each of their rooms. Now Handong, JiU and Dami were awake. JiU came towards Yoohyeon and Siyeon on the couch. She just stared at the two, too fatigued to even scold them. Well, they do deserve a rest.

"Wake up you two," JiU said as she slowly shook them both.

"JiU.. Unnie..," Yoohyeon said drowsily. "Better me than SuA," she chuckled as she made her way to sit beside Handong and Dami to start the day off with some breakfast SuA made.

Click! The pan was turned off as SuA untied the apron.

As soon as Yoohyeon and Siyeon heard this, their bodies jerked up. Siyeon's lips were pouted and Yoohyeon's hands were scratching her messy and untidy hair. The two groaned in unision until they heard the sounds of metal clicking and lips chewing. The two decided to get up and make their way there, slowly shuffling with one foot in front of the other.

"Someone's gotta wake up Gahyeon," Handong stated as she drizzled her maple syrup on top of her stack.

Both Yoohyeon and Siyeon, once they got settled, raised their hands in surrender, not wanting to volunteer.

"JiU, you do it."

JiU slowly put down her metal chopsticks and got up from her seat. "Fine."

She stammered towards Gahyeon and Handong's room; the door was already slightly ajar for her. With Gahyeon still asleep, Handong maybe thought it was best to leave the lights dim. JiU then made her way towards the bottom bunk bed and set the black curtains aside just enough for her to grab a glimpse of their sleeping maknae. "Gahyeon-ah, wake up," JiU tried to whisper at first while grabbing her body.

She laughed as her body shook without energy. "Gahyeon-ah, SuA made us breakfast."

Then as JiU pulled Gahyeon's body to one side, she wailed and slowly put the elder's hand off her. Her eyes were trying to wake up but she just could not push it. "W-What did SuA unnie make?" she mumbled.

"Pancakes."

The youngest's body shot upwards. "Where?!"

JiU giggled as she scrambled out of bed. Gahyeon's legs and arms try to stretch out of the bed, but only flipping over again and trying to get back up. As she got her body on the other side of her curtain, she shot her body upwards and walked hastily towards the rest. She passed the couch which was now occupied with Dami and Handong as they were finished.

Like the young children she was, she took her place beside Yoohyeon and began to fulfil her hunger.

"So.. I heard there's a new movie released recently."

"Ooh yes! Avengers: Endgame," Siyeon said in a deep and dramatic tone while putting up her legs on her chair while lifting up her fork. "There's also a new cafe nearby, we can grab some coffee," she continued as she stabbed her fork back on her last pancake. Gahyeon's hand reached in front of Yoohyeon's face, she flinched as she tried to get the bite into her mouth, just to get the maple syrup. "I got some stuff to do in the company first, just finishing some errands," JiU commented, popping another bottle of maple syrup.

"Same," Gahyeon muffled. Yoohyeon raised her hands and said the same thing as Gahyeon.

"Alright. It won't take long though, right?"

"Not at all. The three of us can just go together then."

"Alright! I'll book the tickets. Dami? Handong?"

A hand peeked out of the hallway from the living room, not too far from the kitchen entrance, holding up a thumbs up. "Sure!" Handong replied after that.

Everyone finished up and got their plates into the sink to be washed later on and the center of the dorm fell silent again. Everyone got ready, washing up and putting on the lightest makeup and just trying to go as bare as possible to make it care-free.

"Yoohyeon! Can you make it quick?" JiU exclaimed just before exiting with Gahyeon, who was putting on her shoes, behind her. "Coming!" a shout came from her room. Soon came out a girl, limping on her untidy socks and jacket. She quickly slipped into some shoes and went through the door that JiU held out for the two younger people. "We'll be going now!" JiU shouted before exiting the door.

"Alright," Dami replied.

"JiU and the kids are going to catch up with us later for the 6 pm movie."

"That's still a few hours to go," Siyeon groaned as she tied her shoes.

"It's fine. Besides, we have some groceries to get, remember? Someone finished all the spam two nights ago," SuA said while rolling her eyes. Siyeon glared upwards and tried to hide the fact that she was the guilty one. SuA slipped into her jacket and fixed her hair. "Dami, Handong, let's get going."

Dami only gave a small hum and Handong quickly got her mask. They too were now heading out towards the taxi they had called. The car drove off and SuA took out the list of groceries they needed.

"Okay, so, we definitely need more spam.. Then.."

"Instant noodles and cola. Midnight snacks."

"Right," SuA jotted it down on her digital notepad. "Chips would be fine too," Dami suggested.

"Alright.."

After soon completing the list, they all got off at the supermarket, just nearby to the mall they were going to hang out in. "Siyeon you go with Dami. I'll go with Handong. We'll meet up at the counter, okay? Dami, make sure she doesn't overspend."

Siyeon scoffed, "I will not."

SuA laughed sarcastically, "Of course not."