Chapter 28

❝ 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬. ❞

~

"Gahyeonie?! JiU unnie?!" Siyeon yelled. She groaned, "Ah my throat is hurting."

"Don't waste it."

"Right.." Siyeon put her hands into her pockets and scratched her head. "You think, by the end of this, we'll be performing again?"

"Of course. The cops'll find them, we won't be here for long."

"Hopefully you're right." The two walked across this one alley and was presented again with another neon lit area. One of them yawned and the other laughed, "Hey, don't be sleeping on me, alright?"

The laughter was subdued by a light fog, suddenly striking some silence into them. The sound of flowing whispers started to linger around their ears, but none of them would admit they heard it. Their nerves were shaking and a feeling of fear suddenly crawled up their spine. Their fingers swam closer together until they started to intertwined, feeling their own bodies shivering.

SuA was fixed on the path straight ahead, but Siyeon was fidgety. Her head looked left and right, up and down. Her mind started to make up scenarios, what would happen if this happened? She was not calm, she needed comfort, but looking back was not the solution.

"U-Unnie.."

SuA did not hear.

"Unnie, run."

SuA looked at Siyeon with confusion splattered on her face. "What?"

"I said, run!" Siyeon dragged the elder by the arm and blasted forward. "W-What are you doing?!"

"Some.. Someone's chasing us!"

"W-Who?!"

Puddles splashed, heart racing, echoing footsteps; the street had turned into a marathon for three. The silhouette that kept chasing them came into sight. SuA turned back and spotted a blurry figure, a mask, low growls under it. A human animal. Raging across the lane as if there was fire behind it. The fog came and went, they had a few chances to escape, but they had to be quick.

The two in front entered one cloud and Siyeon's body was immediately jerked back into an alley, falling onto a mud puddle. "SuA---" Siyeon was restricted to speak with SuA's palm over it and dragging her backwards. SuA faced the younger as they hid behind this wall. She hushed Siyeon and kept still.

The footsteps started to come close but die down at the same time. They were just hoping it lost sight of them. SuA faced Siyeon again and whispered in her ear, "We're not safe here. We need to go, stay quiet and follow me."

Siyeon lent her hand into SuA's reach and they both snuck around this wall. "What, or who, was that?"

"I.. I don't know but we need to find a clearer area. We can't risk calling out JiU or Gahyeon. Let's just find our way back to ground zero. We need to think of a better plan--- Wait.." SuA paused on herself and froze. "D-Did you.. Hear that?"

"Yeah, footsteps."

Eyes locked on each other, their bodies were just about to flee the area to just escape to the other alleys to stay hidden. "Siyeon, you go first, I'll be behind you."

"Right."

Before a step was taken.. Splash!

They were frozen again. Hesitating to move or go, SuA just pushed Siyeon's body forward and screamed. "Run! Just run!"

"Wait!" a faint call from the other side of the fog sounded.

"S-SuA.. SuA!" Siyeon held SuA's shoulders to stop her. "Isn't that.."

"Who's there?!"

SuA's mouth fell open, Siyeon also releasing her grip. "I.. I think so too." Too busy discussing the possibilities of who it was, Siyeon's shoulder was grabbed by a hand, smudging some dirt onto it. Siyeon looked over to see firstly some teary eyes. "U-Unnie.."

"Gah---"

The girl who had appeared linked her hands tightly around them both. "We thought we'd lost you!"

"Gahyeonie.."

Then a taller figure came behind. "Are you starting the celebration without me?" she chuckled while also joining the hug. "J.. JiU! How are you here? Wha.. Where were you?!" SuA tightened the hug.

"We heard footsteps and thought we'd go after them. I.. I missed you guys.." Gahyeon started to sob. "We missed you too Gahyeonie. I.. I can't believe you're here now.."

The hug did not last too long before Siyeon informed them of what might come. What was it? Where did it come from? They could not guess anything, but their first thought was just to get away from the area. Run. Hide. Stick together with the rest.

As quiet as a sleeping baby, they rushed down the street to finally meet up with the rest, or at least meet them during the way there. "How did you all meet?"

"It's a long story, but we're going to be together soon, we just need to gather back with Dami and.."

There was a distant scream in the background. So nerve-racking, so terrifying. The scream was high-pitched and spine tickling, it could only lead to one deduction. "It's them." SuA rushed towards the fog that led to the source of the scream before anyone could restraint her to. "SuA! Wait!" Siyeon came from behind. "No! Get JiU and Gahyeon down there. I'll be back."

"A.. Alright. Come on," she called iut as she turned back to guide JiU and Gahyeon.

"It's all my fault," Gahyeon thought while running down the steep street.