Chapter 21

❝ 𝐀𝐋𝐆𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐁𝐈𝐀; 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧. ❞

~

"Lee Dami," the nurse called out. The girl turned to the opened door where a human silhouette stood. The only lights were from the check-up room door that was opened ajar. Dami looked around before standing up. Empty.

"W-Why?"

"I don't have all day Miss Lee."

Dami turnes again to the nurse. "R-Right." This time she obeyed directly and went inside the room to get her monthly check-up. She was told to lay on the bed where the nurse would start checking her heartbeat and other joints. "Breathe normally."

Dami did so and the nurse continued the procedure. Everything went well, Dami was free to go just after she took some vitamins she was given. The nurse let Dami out of the room and shut the door again. Dami stood still in the dim room. Still empty. The waiting room was dead silent, the front desk; out of service. She hummed slowly as she began to walk.

"Dami!" a high-pitched voice called. She reacted calmly and turned. "Who's there?"

No one replied but the lights above suddenly blinded her; she covered her eyes.

"Hello--- Argh!" she grunted as she felt something scratch her badly on her waist. Trying to contain the pain, she called again, "I-Is anyone--- ARGH!" Her body surrendered to gravity as she fell sideways, still holding her side stomach. She hissed as the pain started to penetrate even more.

Her legs and chest tried to pull her up but failed as she felt another hit on her cheek. "S-Stop!"

It did not stop, on the contrary, it multiplied. Every breathe was disturbed by a striking hit that made Dami's body develop wounds and bruises. She was now facing the ground, hands full of dry blood and sensitive bruises. Her lower lips were scratched too, blood dripping from it, red drops on the floor. She wiped it, but soon again getting slashed with another on her neck.

She growled in pain. Her eyes already shaking and her hands quivering quickly. If this continued, she might end up lifeless. She must find a way out.

Dami turned her head despite the stinging. She grunted as another scratch formed on her shoulder. Breathing loudly, her lungs felt so heavy, she could not move, but she had to. She will fight. She was not weak.

"Agh!" she forced out a groan while jumping up and bolting to the nearest exit. She was hit again, throwing her right. She moaned in pain, but just when she thought she was left alone..

"Not again.. Please!" someone screamed from behind the door. Dami looked behind at the door she fell on. She gasped, recognizing the voice. "Help me! Help---" Dami's body was hit again, but the voice was cut off, but she needed to know who was behind there. She fought it, the pain, the blood, the scratches, all to climb for the door handle. The key was left there, her weak and shaky hands reached for the keys ans twisted it quickly, then CRACK!

The moment she opened it, she only saw the buckets and boxes, normal storage stuff kept for later, but as she looked through, throwing the items aside, she found an unconscious body. Dami gasped with a hoarse voice. "Siyeon unnie!" she exclaimed in pain and joy. "U-Unnie!" she shook the body and tried to bring it upwards.

"N-No.. It's okay, I'll find a way. Come on!" She pulled the body upwards and dragged it away. "Come on!" She laid her two hands on the elder's chest and pushed it once. "Siyeon unnie!" She pressed again. "Wake up!"

On the third push, Siyeon's body jerked and took a breathe of life. "D-Dami!" she exclaimed with a panicked voice and grabbed Dami's shoulder and pulled it down. "Hey, hey! Calm down!" Dami pushed back and stood up. "What were you doing in there?"

"I-I don't know. I was going down from an elevator a-and I saw everyone and Gahyeon.. I saw her!"

"Wait.. What?"

"T-Then the elevator started to shake and.. And everyone in the lift disappeared. The lift started to shake and I.. Dami, I can't explain it," she sobbed. "They put me back in my childhood memory.. The trauma and the fear, I felt it all again." Siyeon wrapped her arms on the younger and started to relax her breathing.

"It's alright unnie, I'm here now." She patted her arms. Siyeon relaxed her spine and laid back her body on Dami's lap and took a few breathes. "Dami," Siyeon whsipered while also stroking Dami's skin which was full of scratches. "D-Does it.. Hurt?"

Dami winced with Siyeon's finger on one of the wounds. "Oh, s-sorry!" she quickly apologized. "N-No, I'm fine. Please Siyeon, we don't have time, we need to find the others."

"B-But how?"

"First of all, we need to get out of this building. Maybe get some supplies? I don't know, we just need to get out as soon as possible."