Chapter 26

❝ 𝐎𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐚 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲. 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧. ❞

~

"U-Unnie!" Siyeon exclaimed back while jumping into a hug with the older. She burried her face into SuA's shoulder, sobbing herself, unable to express what she wanted to say. "I'm so glad I found you guys.." SuA threw the crowbar aside and wrapped her arms around Siyeon, no words yet.

"Us too," Yoohyeon laughed, still trembling in fear. "Where were you? Oh my gosh, Dami what happened to your body?"

"It's a long story. Thankfully I found Siyeon at the hospital."

"H-Hospital?"

"Yeah, you?"

"Long story short, Yoohyeon and I met SuA chained up nearby," Handong explained to Dami and Siyeon. The two eldest were still huggin to death, clenching each other tighter every word. "What's going to happen to us?" Siyeon mumbled. "W-Where's Gahyeon? I.. I heard her voice, she was here!" Siyeon tried to make herself heard with her squeaky and hoarse voice.

"I don't know yet, but we'll find her. I heard her too, she's close."

The rain no longer poured on their skins. All five of them stayed in the center of the puddles and wet concrete while trying to accept everything in. As time passed, Yoohyeon tried to explain the situation: dreams, nightmares and how they were supposed to fight it. It was all too unbelievable, unrealistic, but did they have a choice on not believing it?

"Did you happen to meet JiU? Or Gahyeon?"

Handong shook her head side to side, feeling guilty. Siyeon clenched her fists. "This is all Taehyung's fault. If we get out of this hell hole, I'm going to find him first." Siyeon's cheeks grew red and for all the time SuA has been with Siyeon, she knew it was not going to end well. "We need to find a way out," Siyeon angrily stated, starting to march towards the street behind Yoohyeon before SuA pushed her back slowly. "Siyeon, pause for a while. This isn't only you, we're fighting this altogether and we're doing this together as Dreamcatcher. If we're going to find a way out, we need to go look for JiU and Gahyeon first."

SuA shifted her body in front of Siyeon. "Look, I know you want to find her, and we will, just as long as we do it together. You're not going to go anywhere if you do it as an individual. Please, Siyeon."

Siyeon bit her lips with her blood stained hands after helping Dami with her scars. Once they met each other, they only soon realized that their nightmares had stopped. There were no more chains emerging from the ground, no more tight spaces, no scars, no eyes, no mazes. They stuck onto each other, always. Yoohyeon would not let go of Handong and neither did Siyeon with SuA. Of course Dami knew she was not alone either. Now all they needed to do was find the rest, but how were they going to find the rest if they barely knew the place?

"If Gahyeon was here, she must've gone through all of this too. I.. I really do want to know how she's been. She's our maknae and.. We weren't there to protect her."

"Siyeon," Dami held her cold hands, "we were there. That's why we're going through this too, she won't be disappointed and we're going to find her."

"G-Gahyeon, stop for a while, please," JiU panted when Gahyeon led her behind an alley. She halted, making a splash on the muddy puddle. JiU laid her body on the wall and slid downwards to take a rest. Her face turned pale but only her cheeks grew red in color. Her vest was all wet because of the rain and her hair was already like a tumbleweed.

The younger kneeled down and did the same.

"Unnie, I'm sorry."

"No, Gahyeon. It's not your fault. Taehyung had a despicable plan that not even us could predict."

"N-No.. But if I were stronger.. If I were---"

JiU laid a finger on Gahyeon's lips right in between the thin line that separates. "You couldn't help it no matter how strong or tough you are. They were much more.. Powerful. We'll get out, okay?" Her fingers ran through Gahyeon's pink hair and just smiled --- it was just her lips curving but it suddenly lit up the whole area.

When the pouring rain came to a stop, the two pulled themselves upwards and went along the alley. "The other members should be here, most likely will."

"I trust you Gahyeon, you know that."

Gahyeon's eyes sparkled in awe. She nodded slowly and hummed out a small high-pitched tune. JiU smiled at the sight of this. For all the time Gahyeon was away from them, everyone longed to see their maknae smile, just once. "Now let's get---"

Gahyeon's body was stunned with a hug. Arms wrapped tightly around her shoulders and a small stroke on her hair. "We'll never leave you again, I promise," lightly, JiU whispered.