Chapter 31

❝ 𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲, 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. ❞

~

"Siyeon, please.. Don't do this to me. Siyeon, I know you're in there," Yoohyeon tried to force a smile. "U-Unnie.. We need you," she continued to sob as the rain ruahes down her forehead and scrambled her bangs.

She shook the body slowly but still, nothing changed. Siyeon was lifeless, and everyone knew it was Taehyung's fault. "This is just a dream.. I'll see her again.. I hope."

She stood up and went the opposite direction with a gun. She had a promise to fulfil, to be brave, to help each other. While Yoohyeon was too busy weeping her way towards a gateway behind the tracks of her members, Gahyeon and JiU managed to escape for the moment.

"J-JiU, what was that sound?"

"I don't know Gahyeon, but Siyeon will come through, I know she will. We just.. Gotta trust each other. N-Now come on, we can't just stand around. Let's take this route." The eldest wrapped her hands around Gahyeon and they both went their way. Their hope was still lit, the dim fire burning endlessly, naive about what danger lurks on each of these corners.

"The rest couldn't have gone far. Gahyeon, just stay close okay? We'll find them."

"SuA? Can you hear me?"

Dami peeked behind the wall and made sure the area was safe to go through while Handong try to snap SuA back into reality. The bestthey have gotten out of her was her eyelids trying to open, it was working, for a moment. "Unnie?"

"Ha.. Handong."

"Unnie, what happened?"

SuA's eyes shut back again, but her lips did not touch. She tried to mutter something, but neither of them caught it. "Unnie, can you get up?" Handong questioned. SuA's eyes flickered again, still murmuring something under her breath, now a bit more audible. "C-Chains.."

"Unnie? What do you mean?"

"I.. I saw it."

"Unn---"

"Handong, we need to go now. Here, I'll help get SuA up," Dami informed as she tucked her hands behind her back. "Dami," SuA spoke, Dami still struggling to get her up on her feet, "it's worse than I thought."

"What is?"

SuA's pupils were now more visible. "Nightmares. It reappeared."

"Where?"

"When I was caught," she coughed. "I.. I don't know if you saw it, but I felt chains wrapping around my body again. I thought I was done for until you suddenly pulled me out. W-What did you do?"

With this information in hand, Handong and Dami turned to each other. "It's not.. Gone?"

"I'm guessing it's not. Let's go, Yoohyeon should be there right now."

Yoohyeon followed the muddy steps that splattered across the street, creating a path that she hoped led to Gahyeon and JiU.