Chapter 7

❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟. ❞

~

Ring!

JiU and SuA both crashed into the salon that was just about to close for the day. All the employees started to sweep the floors and some already ready with their jackets to head out for the day. They both panted as they arrived.

"JiU? SuA? What are you both doing here?"

"Please, don't close the shop yet. We're only going to be here for a moment."

The employee nodded and then went back to clean up the rest. SuA leaned towards JiU. "So, you think Gahyeon's here?"

JiU walked slowly, SuA catching up behind her. "I don't know but.. Something weird is going on."

SuA snickered, "Yeah, no joke."

They went towards the back room, passing by one or two employees that were just discussing about dinner. Trying to go unnoticed, they slipped through through the back door and tried to investigate. "Why are we here again?"

JiU bit her lips. "Erm.. I just thought this would be the place that makes most sense. I mean, if I were a kidnapper, I'd hide anyone here."

"True."

They went forth until they reached the storage room. But it could not be that easy can it? Could Gahyeon be there? Maybe the person who has been watching them stayed here? JiU held the door open for SuA. "After you."

"Scaredy."

SuA entered first and flipped the switch, revealing nothing but old boxes of unused or broken equipment and lockers. SuA tilted her head as she scanned the lockers. Curious, her hands rummaged through the lockers, opening them one by one.

"What are you doing?"

Then SuA crouched down to get to the most bottom locker, ignoring the elder. "Hey, check the boxes for any suspicious thing or.. Or a clue, or anything a salon shouldn't have."

JiU shrugged. "Alright."

They both looked, hands going around the place and digging deeper through the room they haven't even been in despite visiting this salon multiple times for their promotions.

"Excuse me?" a voice called out from behind; they turned in shock. "We're about to close up soon---"

"Please just give us a minute. We'll be gone before you know it."

The girl sighed. "Alright." But without immediately leaving, she watched. "What are you guys looking for anyways?"

"Well.."

"If you call the cops, manager, staff, or anybody to help you, she will be gone."

"It's nothing, we just lost something. I think the staff told us they put it here," SuA replied.

"Ah okay. Well, I'll be going now."

She left. They two sighed in relief. "Do you really believe him?"

"I.. I don't know, okay? I'm just scared for Gahyeon's life. Who knows what people can do." SuA then ran through the rest of the lockers, finally mamaging to at least get something. "H-Hey JiU?" she called, pulling something out from the locker.

"You found something?"

"Yeah," she said while rolling the piece of paper out. " 'Enter the car outside ASAP'," she read out. The two exchanged glares. "C-Car?"

Their knees slowly extended and they were now standing. Without another word, they knew what each of them were thinking. A car meant whoever was in there would give them answers, if they were even involved. So they ran, bolting out the door while passing by the emptied out building without even giving proper goodbyes. Before reaching the exit door, through the glass doors, they spotted a black sedan car. Was that the car they were told to enter? Or was it just going to be another kidnap?

"Wait!" JiU exclaimed while pushing SuA backwards. "How if they also want to kidnap us? Why can't we go home?"

"How if he has Gahyeon right now in the car? Or at least answers about her? We'll get this done quick."

"Well do you trust that person? He didn't even show us the real Gahyeon!"

"It was her. It was her on the phone, Gahyeon was there and as her unnie and band mate, I care for her." SuA marched out the salon although JiU was reluctant. "S-SuA, wait!" She caught up outside of the building. The younger turned and glared at JiU. "If you aren't coming, I will. He said he wouldn't harm us unless we did something wrong. Well, we haven't done anything and I hope to keep it that way. So it's either you come with me and we face this together..," JiU gulped, "or you can go back to the dorm without me."

JiU was unsure, nervous, frightened, anything to describe her willingness to go back. But she wanted to find Gahyeon, she needed to. Her courage was low, but she was going to do it for Gahyeon.

So they obeyed.

The door locked as they entered. Then the car started to move, shocking the two girls.

SuA caressed JiU's palm and nodded. While doing so, she tilted her head again and tried to catch the face of the two men sitting in front of them from the rear mirror. "Alright, we're here. Now speak."

"Fierce I see.. Not a surprise."

"Where is Gahyeon?" JiU demanded.

"Safe."

"That's not enough. Where is she and what have you done to her?!"

He chuckled. "I'm not the one who's ensuring or endangering her safety. I'm no less than a messanger."

"Then what are you going to tell us?"

JiU and SuA now has the face of the messenger as he fixed the rear mirror. His face was clear, tidy and orderly but his eyes were hidden with dark shades. His lips formed a smirk. "The name's Min Yoongi," he took off the lollipop from his mouth that he was chewing and held it between his fingers, "and you won't need to worry."

"And why is that?"

"Because your chances are plenty. Like the call said, do what you are told. I believe all seven of you are bright and clever, very clever, people. That's why we've chosen you."

"Chosen? What for?"

"You'll see.. In time."

Then the car stopped. JiU, who was sitting on the left side peeked through the window to see where they were stopping at. The dorm. He turned his body to face the two girls before exiting. "Your next clue," he said with a smile, in between devil and angel, handing an envelope.

"I'll be looking forward to observing your process."

"So you're the one watching us?" SuA assumed while receiving the letter.

He giggled while slipping back the lollipop into hid mouth. "Like I said, I'm merely a messenger."