Chapter 27

❝ 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨. 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝, 𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭. 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐰.. ❞

~

"Namjoon?"

"Yoongi," Namjoon murmured under his breath and coughed, covering his mouth as he sneakily dragged Yoongi into his office. "Taehyung's out of his mind."

Yoongi smirked and burst out in small laughter. "You just noticed?"

"No, I'm serious. He's no longer a devoted scientist, he's.. He's.. A maniac." Namjoon bit his lips and hid his hands into his pockets. "It isn't the same."

Yoongi sighed and copied his actions after he folded his shades into his blazer. "What do you want me to do? I.. I can't stop him." Namjoon frowned at this and lowered his head while Yoongi fixed his standing position and clicked his lips. "But if I had to do something," Namjoon's head jumped back up, "I'd do what he says---"

"What?!"

"You didn't let me finish." Yoongi eye rolled. "I'd do what he says but keep his safety in check. If he wants to do this, you make sure nothing can go wrong. You and Taehyung are the best scientists here at the organization, and I don't know what you'll do but I'm not going to want to lose a friend either. Namjoon, I'm counting on you to keep Taehyung safe," Yoongi finished up while sliding back his shades.

Namjoon's hands ran up his collar and pulled it on each side. He gulped then followed Yoongi out.

"Are you sure they're here?"

"They must be. If Yoohyeon's right, Gahyeon and JiU must be nearby. We.. We can't give up," Dami explained to Siyeon. "This isn't working if we stay together. Divide and conquer, that's what I say. I'll go with Handong and Yoohyeon, Siyeon with SuA, okay?"

"And how are we supposed to find each other later?"

"Meet back here. Each group should find either JiU or Gahyeon, or both. Okay? Come back with our members, as Dreamcatcher again," Dami's last part emerged purely from emotion. Deep down, she wanted, no, she needed Dreamcatcher together again. It was seven or none. The two groups split up after Dami finished her speech. Siyeon and SuA went West, the other three went East.

Yoohyeon hugged Handong's arm and tugged her. "I was wondering," she muttered, "w-what if the nightmares appear again? I don't want to be lost again, guys."

"You won't," Dami put her hand above Yoohyeon and pulled her down, giving a wide smile that stretched from one cheek to the other. She wanted Yoohyeon to know she was safe, and she will no matter what happens. "Hell can break lose, but we'll be together, alright? Like always." Despite Dami being the youngest amongst the three, she was quite the uplifter.

"JiU?! Gahyeon?!" Handong hollered.

"How if they're not here? How if they're in like another nightmare?" Yoohyeon questioned, still stuck onto Handong's hands.

"No, they must find a way out. We must find them, we will.." Dami smiled to the younger. "We will?" Dami asked herself.

Everything went well, no nightmares, no interruptions, unfortunately no JiU nor Gahyeon. The rain began to rescind and everything started to look a bit brighter. Signs began to flicker, whispers from afar yet no one was in sight. Everyone had trembling hands, sometimes not even wanting to take a step forward. They could only convince themselves that they would succeed, but no one really knew what could happen at this time. Not even the whispers suddenly getting louder, seemingly closer. Everyone heard it, but they chose to ignore it, but it only came closer and closer.

"D-Dami? Do you hear.."

"Yeah. I hear it. Everyone stay close, anything can happen." They kept walking, trying go get away from the area, until..

"Guys," Handong tapped the two, "over there.." She pointed to their left.

The light fog started to disassemble and spread out to other directions, revealing something. A monster? A beast of their nightmares? No, it was human. It was sitting there, looking only to the ground, hands barely even visible with the blurry energy surrounding it's body.

"C-Could that be.."

Dami walked slowly towards the figure. "U-Unnie," she muttered, not out loud since she was still hesitant.

Then it's direction faces them, standing up, approaching them, almost as if it was bigger and much more mighty than them, eyes starting to glow red, targeting the three.

Dami's body was struck with shock, hands suddenly wrapping her own mouth, with her muttering curse words.

"D-Dami, what is it?"

She turned, eyes in fear. "R-Run."