Black sunglasses and a leather jacket

Chapter Eleven

Two years ago

Storm

Zaraella, Saradonyx's cousin, was in my room, preparing me for my first date ever.

"Honey, it doesn't matter if you've never been on a date," she tried to assure me but had failed.

"It does! I feel like an outsider. Like a preschooler," I whined. She fixed my hair and applied a little bit of makeup on my face.

"To Sar it doesn't. He likes you and trust me, when he likes a girl, it means she's the one," she smiled and introduced the outfit she put together for me.

It was a strapless yellow, loose dress with flower pattern and black Converse. I'm not sure what Sar will think about it, considering he comes from a wealthy family, but I like it.

"Thank you so much," I hugged Zara and grabbed the outfit, running to the bathroom to change.

"Girl, you look so fucking perfect!" she squealed when I walked back into the room and took my hands, jumping around.

I couldn't deny the excitement and I screamed too, both of us jumping on my bed.

Good thing that Quentin wasn't home, otherwise he wouldn't let me leave this house, especially with a boy.

It didn't matter to him if it was Summer or if I have the perfect grades, he still controlled my life, and considering he was my guardian, I had to listen to him.

Zara looked at her phone and gave me a quick peck on the cheek. "Okay girly, Law's here to pick me up."

Suddenly, I felt panic and worry. I won't be able to fit in. I've never been on a date, but at a party either.

Saradonyx and his band are playing at this huge gig for some girl's birthday and he said there will be over 200 people.

"Hey, don't worry. It's just a high school party and we'll all be with you," she smiled.

"But I don't know anyone from your school, only you and Saradonyx."

I don't know who I was more afraid of - Saradonyx or the party itself.

"Look, I've gotta go, but if you need anything, just text me," she winked at me and turned on her heel, sprinting out of the door.

My phone beeped, displaying Saradonyx's name.

I'm here.
-Sar

I tugged on my dress and looked at the body-sized mirror in front of me.

I look good, I've got this. It's just a party and it's just a boy.

Saradonyx is just a boy.

Whom I met a couple of days ago.

I took a deep breath and jogged out of my house without further thinking.

He waited for me leaned against his black, open-roofed Mercedes. Black, chunky sunglasses were pinched to his eyes and a leather jacket was thrown over his shoulder. It had two silver guns painted on its' back.

He was so effortless but so hot.

Once he looked up from his phone and noticed me, a smile spread across his face.

"Storm!" I walked to him and was instantly pulled into a cozy hug.

"Hi," I tried to sound enthusiastic, which was difficult considering I was still pressed against his chest.