His dark side

Chapter Three

Two years ago

Saradonyx

It was ten minutes to the end of the History class, the only class Storm and I didn't have together.

Mrs. Kyle was talking about World War II, but I couldn't listen to her because of Storm.

It was her second day in this school and I knew how she was with new people.

And I knew very well how people at this school work.

I looked at my phone again, still no notifications. I texted her twenty minutes ago, but she didn't answer me ever since then.

"Would you stop that? It's really annoying," Zara complained, looking at my leg.

I didn't even realize I was bumping it against the desk. I stopped and flashed her an apologetic look.

"What are you so nervous about, anyway?" she whispered as best as she could.

Mrs. Kyle already warned us about talking at least five times today, so we had to be extra cautious.

I didn't want my mum to find out another thing I'm failing to do.

"Storm isn't answering my texts."

Zara sighed and rolled her eyes. She took my hand and I could already sense the drama act she's about to perform.

"I know you may worry if she will survive, but I have to inform you that it isn't most likely," she stretched the words, barely containing laughter. "The dragon, oh the dragon-"

"The fuck are you talking about?" I interrupted her and pulled my hand away.

She crossed her arms on her chest and smirked. "That's called acting, bro."

"That's called being untalented."

"Mr. Reyes, Miss Stone, what's so interesting you two have to talk about in my class?" Mrs. Kyle asked politely, looking at us with annoyance.

Zara and I were sitting in the back of the classroom, so everyone turned towards us, their eyes piercing through me.

I caught Lawrence's glance, who was laughing at me like an idiot. I looked to his right side where was Drew, also mocking me.

Lawrence was sitting in the front row since last year because we talked so much that Mrs. Kyle had to move him away from me, along with Drew.

I rose my eyebrows and he showed me a paper, on which he wrote: "If your mum finds out, you're a dead man."

Well, he wasn't far from the truth.

"It's nothing, we apologize," Zara said with a polite tone. I nodded in agreement.

She was only polite when she knew my mum will kill me if she found out. Other times, she is Zaraella.

She kinda has a bad reputation.

"You two will stay here after class for a couple of minutes. And Miss Stone, put your feet on the ground," she warned us and continued talking about the causes of World War 2.

Drew and Law chuckled and bumped fists, turning back to the board.

Zara put her feet down from the desk, which is a habit she tends to do very frequently.

When the bell rang, I almost headlessly ran out of the classroom, completely forgetting about "the talk" Mrs. Kyle wanted to have with us.

Zara grabbed my leather jacket, pulling me back into the classroom.