Wine and cigarettes?

Chapter Twelve

Present day

Storm

When I finally connected the dots with the stiff body in Orsen's embrace, I couldn't help but panic.

"Orsen, this is a murder scene! We have to get you out of here," I dragged him to his feet.

"And do what? We can't be involved in this!" Drew protested, pulling me aside. "We'll all go to jail, Thunder," he mumbled.

"Drew, we can't leave him alone."

"He's not alone, he has his dead buddy," he smirked. I slapped his arm, considering this is not a time to joke around. "Fine, I'm sorry!"

"We can't do shit until he tells us what happened," I thought out loud.

"Lucky for us, he won't say a damn thing," Law jumped in, frustration plastered on his face. Drew snickered.

"What do you mean?"

He simply shrugged.

Fuck! If Orsen won't tell his side of the story, we'll all be accomplices in murder.

The cops could show up at any moment now.

"Okay, listen to me!" I slapped Orsen's cheek, trying to snap him out of the trance. "You have to tell us what happened or we'll all end up in jail!"

I know he has a dead body in his arms and is probably traumatized, but we have no time for pity.

He just stared blankly at me.

"Orsen, do you understand?!" Still no answer.

I sighed and looked at Zara for help.

She crouched in front of him. "Look, I know you think I hate you, but let's put it all aside for now. You have to tell us what happened, cuz."

The look in his eyes changed.

"I... don't know," he mumbled. "I don't remember."

"Holy shit! Okay, so we're screwed. We're abso-fucking-lutely screwed," Law paced up and down, breathing heavily.

I don't know if it was exhaustion or panicking, but I couldn't think straight.

"We need a plan!" Zara reminded me.

"I know! I'm fucking thinking!" I brushed her off.

"Well, you gotta think faster, Thunder. Time's running out," Drew sang, nonchalantly swirling a cigarette through his fingers.

"Okay, we can bury the body in the woods or burn it-"

"Whoa, whoa, hold your horses," Law interrupted me. "We're not burying shit! As much as I want to help Orsen, I'm not ready to risk my future for a guy who left us to save his ass."

"That wasn't necessary, Lawrence," Zara interfered and disapprovingly shook her head. "Storm was right earlier, he's in trouble and he needs our help, no matter what he did or didn't do in the past."

"Then she can bury the body alone because I'm not doing it for him."

"Well, I'll watch her do it for sure," Drew walked over to me and threw his arm around my shoulders. "It's gonna be so hot."