Chapter 25 - Jealousy

Troy's POV

"Yes. I will arrive in twenty minutes." I informed Kate while walking down the stairs.

I planned to talk to Kate about our relationship. I couldn't continue it anymore; especially now.

I stopped my step as I noticed Liam in the living room drawing something in his sketchbook. He looked so concentrated that he hadn't noticed my presence. I approached him quietly, resting my hand in my pocket.

"Who is this mysterious girl of yours?" I asked, grinning, and looked at his sketchbook.

He instantly closed it and mumbled nervously. "No one."

I looked at him, confused while rubbing my chin. Why did he hide it? He hadn't hidden his drawings before. Liam never minded when we looked at them; he often showed his drawings to us himself.

Maybe, she is someone I know. Who was she? Could she be...Rose? I gritted my teeth angrily.

No, get a grip, Troy! There isn't anything between them.... I hope so.

I breathed deeply, trying to calm down, and asked nonchalantly, trying to control my voice. "Are you sure?"

"Yes." He cleared his throat as he stood up, holding his sketchbook in his hand. "I have to go. I have a photoshoot." He said and left quickly without letting me say anything.

***

I was sipping my coffee while waiting for Kate, lost in my thoughts.

"Hey, Troy." Kate greeted me, interrupting my thoughts, and planted a chaste kiss on my lips, catching me off guard.

"Hi." I gave her a lazy smile.

After the waitress had brought her order, she left, leaving us alone.

"How is Alec?" I asked as I took a sip from my coffee.

"Fine. Rose took him to the park." She replied, giving me a warm smile.

I nodded, smiling, and cleared my throat. "Umm... Yesterday, Rose looked upset. Is everything okay?" I asked, trying to control my voice.

She sighed and took a sip from her latte. "She had a fight with Dad because of Alec." She replied, shaking her head.

"Alec? What did he do to make your father angry? But he isn't a naughty child." I asked in curiosity.

"More correctly, his father." She replied as she sighed and rolled her eyes. "Rose doesn't tell who his father is. Dad is angry because of it, and because Alec was born out of wedlock."

"Umm...Don't you know who Alec's father is?" I asked nervously and bit my lower lip.

"No, she didn't tell me anything about him either when I asked. Rose told me she didn't want to talk about him." She replied, shrugged her shoulders.

I nodded and rubbed my neck, thinking. I remembered what Alec told me about his father. If the baby daddy wasn't someone who Steven knew, why should keep his identity a secret?! All of these were making me sure of my suspicion. But maybe, she didn't want Steven to go after him and do something bad to him. I sighed, running my hand through my hair.

"That is enough talking about Rose. Tell me what you wanted to talk about. I suppose it wasn't related to my sister and her son. Your voice sounded serious." She said, worried as she grabbed my hand resting on the table and squeezed it slightly.