64. Enacting the World's Worst Plan

"You did what?"

Silver was out, as she often was, she still had a job at that club. Yamada honestly didn't know how she had the time in her life with hero training. They'd told her a hundred times that she didn't have to keep up that job if she didn't want to, they were more than happy to take care of her, but she'd never taken them up on the offer, instead preferring to stay with them those stray days here and there.

As for the hero couple, well, Aizawa had just explained to his dear husband the plan he'd come up with and the bet which had come from it, and, suffice it to say, there was trouble in paradise.

"I understood not wanting her to go to the lessons this term," Yamada spoke, trying to calmly think it through as he brushed through his hair absentmindedly. "I still kind of disagree, but of all the ways to keep her away from it, Sho." He was this close to shaking this ridiculous nonsense out of his husband. He'd been against the whole thing from the start, only finally agreeing because Aizawa did actually make some decent points. That was before this bet came into play. Of all the irresponsible, reckless-

"She would never have agreed to stay out without good reason," Aizawa countered, thinking his plan completely sensible. The idiot.

"So come up with a good reason!" Yamada yanked the brush through a clump of knots, wincing but ignoring the absolute agony (for the love of- Damn that hurt!) for the sake of the conversation. "You're trying to distract her with the very thing you're trying to distract her from, where's the rationality in that?"

There wasn't any. A goldfish was more rational than Aizawa today. "She's learning on her own terms, that's how she'll learn best."

Yamada stopped, body still as his mind ran through that train of thought right to the end station. "You didn't want her not to learn about it," he concluded, cringing slightly as he realised who the real idiot was here, "you just didn't want her learning it out of a syllabus, from people who didn't know what they were talking about."

"I don't particularly like the idea of the guest speakers either, her reaction is too much of a wild card." Her reaction to most things was, he was just worried this subject could hit her too close to home. "Could end badly."

Yamada was about to face-plant into the wall. Leave it to Aizawa to properly think through every angle. "Sorry."

"For what?" he questioned innocently.

A fond smile stretched over Yamada's lips as he smoothed a few strands of greasy black hair behind Aizawa's ear. "I love you."

"I love you too," he responded without having to think for a moment.

The blonde gently pecked his husband's lips, arms clasped behind his neck. "You really need to wash your hair again though."

***

Silver did not spend the two hours of free time (created by the guest talk she wasn't meant to go to) with Keenan as she'd planned. As much as she enjoyed sparring with her old teammate in all his tall, dark, and handsome glory, Aizawa really did make a good point. It had taken them a while to work it out and more trial and error than any of her classmates were comfortable with, but they'd found a pretty exact time limit for her.

Forty-five minutes.

She could do forty-five minutes of 'strenuous exercise' as the doctor called it before her heart reared its ugly head with a sort of warning signal she did not particularly enjoy. Silver's ability to block pain had suddenly become a luxury to her, a luxury pointed out every time she fell prey to her own heart and was forced to simply ride it out. She was getting better at that though, she certainly hadn't had a repeat of the kind of reaction she'd had that first time, but it still put her out of action for a minute or two and in a real fight that could be the difference between winning and a very dead group of heroes. Which was one of the main reasons her hero training had recently taken an unusual swerve, and since she was still on the track to being the first quirkless hero in the world, Nezu couldn't do anything about the change in direction no matter how much he wanted to. It wasn't her fault her body wouldn't allow her to be the stereotypical hero in the limelight.