87. Easier

"You two seriously need a date night."

Look at them, like two school kids caught snogging by their teacher (which was exactly what had happened, except Silver wasn't their teacher and it probably wouldn't have stayed just snogging if she hadn't interrupted), so sweet. She never thought she'd see Aizawa blushing in her life. Come to think of it, they'd been in the same year at UA, probably dating during their time there, she wondered if they ever actually had been caught by a teacher.

"Silver-" Caught by surprise, Silver could not hold in her snort at hearing Hizashi's voice a good octave above what it should've been- "when did you get here? You're welcome here, always, obviously but- I'm going to get dressed. Goodbye." Silver waved, unable to wipe the amused smile from her face.

Of course, with Hizashi running away, he'd left Aizawa— his dear husband— alone with Silver, without even a shirt to hide his embarrassment.

"How long do you think he's going to take?" Silver met his eye easily. He wasn't sure what it was, if she wasn't paying attention enough to notice (unlikely knowing how observant she was), or if it didn't even compute with her that talking with a man wearing only boxers after getting caught in a compromising position wasn't a particularly comfortable way to make conversation for at least one party.

"Probably a while," he answered, fighting to stand still and not squirm. He could really have done with a shirt, even just his capture weapon would have made him feel a little better. All he had over his chest was the necklace with his wedding band on it.

This morning had been looking so peaceful five minutes ago. Eri had been up later than usual last night, so she wouldn't be awake until they woke her which meant they had some time to themselves for once and they wanted to use it. Then Silver popped up out of nowhere and alone time was abruptly wiped off the forecast.

She really wasn't wrong, they desperately needed a date night.

"Alright." She'd been hoping to talk to both of them, but it wasn't like they were the kind of husbands who had trouble with communication, tell one and the other would likely know not long later. "Have you had anyone, generally police, ask you about who cleared up Dagobah beach?"

"I don't-" He cut himself off. "Actually yeah." He rubbed his eyes of lingering sleep, trying to make his mind focus on the question at hand. The first time, his family had been on the beach and he'd used his licence to make sure the officer didn't disturb them— Eri had been particularly energetic that day, any chance to keep her playing to tire her out so she would sleep that night had to be taken. The second time, he'd been on patrol and stopped at the beach for a few minutes just to listen to the waves he remembered from his childhood, it was late at night and there was still an officer watching the beach. He'd thought it odd, but at the same time, hadn't thought too deeply on it.

"You answer?"

"Silver, I don't know the answer." He pinched the bridge of his nose, really wondering what had brought him to this moment. Actually, he shouldn't think too deeply about that. "What are you doing here?"

"I just came to talk, Eraser," she said, raising her arms in mock surrender and an amused smile dancing mischievously on her lips. "Do you mind telling me if anyone asks you again?"

He crossed his arms over his chest, staring down at her and trying to discern exactly what was going on in her head. He was just as lost as usual. "Why?"

She shrugged dismissively. "Just a bad feeling."

She wasn't the only one. "How dangerous is this?"

Her mouth opened, almost indignant, though— with the amount of trouble she managed to get into— she had no right to be. "I said it's just a feeling."