Chapter 19 : Do we love each other ?

The sky was dark and it was windy. The strong wind swirled its way as it blew away, replacing hot air with colder air. Nick was sitting all alone on a wooden bench. He was reflecting himself. He knew that he deserved to be treated that way.

Sigh after sigh, he couldn't get Tony's face out of his mind.

" Out of all people, why him ?"

Nick complained to himself.

" Because he is meant for you."

A sudden voice made Nick startled. It was Sam. He greeted Nick with a warm smile and sat beside Nick.

" I don't know Sam.. I don't know what is real now. If only I could reverse the time, I would treat him better. Now, he just pushes me away.." Nick sighed heavily as he cupped his face with his hands.

" Trust your heart. If you really like him, don't give up on him. Keep on hitting on him. He maybe just trying to play hard to get." Sam encouraged Nick, followed by some chuckles.

" Okay. I'll try better next time." Nick cracked a smile as he got the positive energy from Sam.

Suddenly, it was silent. Sam stared blankly to the dark clouds, wondering about his problems. Nick noticed the look of worried on Sam's face. He knew right away that Sam is having a conflict.

He put his hand on Sam's shoulder and asked,

" What's wrong, Sam ?"

"My mom.."

" What's wrong with your mom ?" Nick started feel anxious.

" I'm afraid that my relationship with Nathan will never get the blessing from my mom." Sam said with a weak voice.

" We grew up together. I know how your mother would react. Same dude. I don't think my mom will agree to this kind of relationship." Nick got reminded of his mom about his sexuality.

" My step dad knows." Sam confessed.

" Wha- ?! H- how did- When- WHAT?!" Nick stammered as he was genuinely in shock.

" Yesterday. Lily sent the photo of Nathan and me hugging. Now I'm afraid she would send it to my mom." Sam released a heavy sigh.

" Why she did that ?! Let me talk to her !" Nick got up on his feet as he felt like he needs to do something about it.

"No need. Lily likes me. She wants me. She even kissed me yesterday. I hate it man. " Sam frowned as he remembered the kiss.

"She- Oh no. " Nick covered his mouth in shock.

"Sam. We need to talk." Nathan suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Nick and Sam simultaneously turned their heads to the man. Sam slowly got on his feet, cracking a weak smile. Nathan walked towards Sam.

" I want to talk to Sam. Alone." Nathan gave a sharp look at Nick.

Nick understood the situation and walked away. He stopped a while and took a glance at the couple. Nathan seemed to be very tensed. Nick was worried about his best friend so he just stood behind a wall. He just peeked from behind the wall- just in case anything happen.

" Explain this Sam." Nathan took out his phone and showed the photo he received to Sam.

Sam was taken aback. His heart stopped as he saw the photo. He didn't see this was coming. His tears started to fill his eyes as he didn't have any words to explain to Nathan.

" Is this how you want to act in our relationship ?" Nathan held Sam's firm shoulder.

" By kissing another girl ?!" Nathan shook Sam.