Chapter 7 : Logistic

The sky was a mixture dark blue and light blue with a hint of yellow as the sun peeked through the horizon. The birds were chirping with the melody that sounded like a song. The morning breeze was whistling through the open section of the glass door of the balcony into the apartment.

It brushed Sam's feet which made him felt the coldness. Slowly, he curled himself as he felt the cold on his feet. His eyes were tightly closed as he was having a headache from the alcohols he had.

" Ting ! Cling !"

A loud sound of bowls clinking to the spoon as Nathan took them out of the cupboard. He put them on the small dining table beside to a plastic of two pack of hot chicken porridge.  He open the pack and poured it into the bowl. Then, he went towards the sleeping man on the couch.

" Sam.. Wake up.. Let's have some porridge before I send you back to your house," Nathan called out the man.

" mmmm.... " Sam groaned.

Nathan stared at the face of the man. He felt calm by just staring at the face. Messy curly hair, attractive face and a clean cut physique. Nathan smiled unknowingly. A few seconds later, he snapped out of his staring.

" Sam.. Wake up," Nathan shook the man's feet.

Nathan saw Sam started to moved as his eyes slowly opened. Nathan quickly moved towards the dining table to avoid looking at Sam. Sam opened his eyes slowly. He sat up while rubbing his eyes.

He examined the room slowly. It took him a while to realize he was not in his room. He started to get panic. Sam noticed Nathan was already sitting at the table, ready to dig in his porridge that he bought.

" Wait..  Where am I ?" Sam asked nervously.

" My apartment. You were too drunk yesterday to tell me your home address, so I brought you here and let you crash on my couch," Nathan answered casually while holding the spoon mid air before consumed the porridge.

Sam was speechless. He felt embarrassed. He tried to remember what exactly happened but the alcohol left him no memories of what had happened.

" Ah.. ss...." Sam held to the pain on his head.

" Here, eat your porridge. It helps with your headache. It's still hot so be careful," Nathan took another spoon and put it into the bowl of porridge.

Slowly, Sam walked to the table and sat in front of the kind man. He tried to eat it without cooling it down. He accidentally burnt his tongue.

" AH !" Sam shrieked.

" I told you it's hot.. Give it to me, let me cool it down for you," Nathan acted like he cared about Sam without realizing that they just met and barely knew about each other.

Sam looked at Nathan who was blowing the porridge slowly. His heart suddenly thumped faster just by looking at Nathan up close. Nathan caught Sam's eyes were looking at him and smiled. Sam turned away his eyes.

" Uhh.  Let me do it myself," Sam quickly pulled the bowl towards him and blew the porridge himself.

Sam continued to eat the porridge and the two was in silence. The awkward tension filled the air. They didn't know what to talk about.

" Thank you," Sam said slowly with a small volume.

" No problem dude. You were too drunk to know your way back home," Nathan replied with a smile.

Nathan felt like he had the urge to help the man so he did. He stopped eating and stared at Sam. He gazed into Sam's eyes. Sam noticed the man was gazing at him.