Chapter 20 : I owned this heart

Fresh air blew by. The familiar scent entered Sam's airway to his lungs. The classy flower scent filled the air. He opened his eyes and found himself laying on a clean green hill.

He sat up and his eyes were locked to the red roses field, blooming to its peak. Light breeze greeted his body as he took a deep breath.

" We meet again Sam.. "

A familiar lady voice from behind.

Sam turned his head and saw Rosie. Her hair was braided beautifully with some small flowers, making her hair more detailed with beauty. Mesmerising. With graceful steps, Rosie walked closer and sat beside Sam.

" I thought you were gone forever.." Sam said slowly.

Rosie smiled brightly.

" I did.. But you needed help."

" Yes. Rosie, I am confused. I love Nathan but I can't help but to think that feeling is yours. I'm just living with your feeling. It hurts. Why I can't have my own feelings ?" Sam wavered.

Rosie took his hand,

" Sam.. Remember. You owned this heart. I am gone remember ? I gave the heart for you to live your life. My life stopped long time ago."

Sam looked into her calm eyes as he started burst into tears. He blamed himself for forcing himself to love someone else other than Nathan. Rosie embraced Sam into her warm hug.

" Sam, stop lying to yourself.."

Rosie whispered softly into his ear.

Sam woke up from the dream.

" That's true.. I owned this heart"

He smiled. He checked his phone. It was 5:30 am. He felt much better after that dream. He got up to be ready for the day.

He was in a good mood after shower so he went downstairs with smile on his face. He went to the kitchen and greeted Mr Jacob,

" Morning ! "

Mr Jacob was caught off guard by Sam's action. Sam continued to the fridge and took out the strawberry milk box. He was humming to a famous love song, Call me maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.

" Someone is in a good mood today"

Mr Jacob smiled as he saw his step son was looking happy. He was making toast for both of them.

" Yep !"

Sam answered cheerfully. He poured the milk into a tall glass. He looked at his phone and realized it was time for him to go to the campus. He chugged the whole glass of milk and took one toast that was done from Mr Jacob's hands.

" Hey, that's not done ! And , aren't you joining me for breakfast ?" Mr Jacob asked out loud.

" No ! I need to be early today !" Sam shouted from the living room as his voice delivered through the room to his step dad.

Mr Jacob shook his head slowly while smiling. He never saw Sam looked so happy. That was the first time. He was genuinely happy for Sam, even though he doesn't know what was the reason of Sam being so happy.

" Oh, SAM !! Som— Nevermind.. He's gone" Mr Jacob had forgotten to inform him about something.

***

The morning breeze was cold and soothing. The sky was a opened wide with beautiful light orange as the sun was peeking behind the horizon, ready to light up the hemisphere. Some irregular shaped clouds hanging on the sky, almost fade, almost gone.