Chapter 22: Help me

After splitting from Nathan and Sam, Tony and Nick went to the extreme ride. Nick was so excited meanwhile Tony was looking anxious.

They waited in line for the rollercoaster. Nick noticed Tony had been a little quiet when they got into the line.

" What's wrong ? You scared ? hehehe.."
Nick smirked as he teased the anxious man.

" No I'm Not ! I love rides. They give me a lot of excitement !" Tony denied the accusation.

"Okay.. We'll see who screams the most, have to pay the food for the other one.. " Nick challenged Tony.

" Deal !" Tony put his arm around Nick and then touched Nick's nose with his index finger.

As they were getting closer for their turn, Tony started to feel uneasy and he felt butterflies in his stomach. He is scared of extreme rides.

" 10 people can enter the ride now !" the worker instructed from the front.

It was their turn to enter the ride. Nick pulled Tony's hand to get into the very front of the ride. They sat in the ride and the safety bar was set down and locked. There was no backsies after that.

The ride slowly took off. Tony quickly hugged Nick's arms. Nick chuckled when he saw his boyfriend and he was expecting that to happen. As the reached the highest point of the ride, it took a drastic drop that made Tony screamed on top of his lungs.

Terrified by the height and rides, Tony screamed while his eyes were closed as he hugged Nick's arm. Nick was laughing so hard as he enjoyed watching his boyfriend screamed out of his life.

The ride ended and they walked out from the ride. Tony's legs were shaking while Nick dragged him to a bench for him to sit.

Nick continued to laugh as he saw Tony's terrified face. His face was pale and clammy.

" Are you okay ? Hahahaha" Nick asked while still laughing.

Tony sighed. He didn't answer Nick's question. Instead, he got on his feet and walked away. Leaving his man behind.

Nick felt bad so he followed Tony from behind. Meanwhile, he browsed the food trucks to find a tasty food for his man.

" Tony, don't be mad ! I was just joking !" Nick tried to cheer Tony up.

Tony remained with his frowned face and walked away. Nick could only sighed. Then, he found a hot dog stand at the middle of the pathway.

He walked to the stall and ordered two hotdogs. While waiting, he looked around the area. A lot of couples were walking side by side, hugging, kissing, and teasing each other. He also noticed a happy family as the children were giggling as they had fun with their family.

"Wouldn't it be nice to have a family, right son ?" The hot dog hawker spoke to Nick.

Nick turned around and replied,

" oh.. err. Yeah.. Of course ! I'm pretty sure you have a happy family too right ?"

The man behind the stand cracked a bittersweet smile.

" I did.. Not until I lost them.."

A short pause of silence.

" I— I'm sorry.. " Nick felt sorry for bringing up that topic.

"Heh ! It's fine.. My son and my husband died in a car accident, "

Nick was taken aback. He thought he misheard the man. He gave the look of surprised to the man. The man just smiled as he wrapped the hotdogs with paper wrapper.