Chapter 14 : Jealousy

It was dark despite of it was only half past two. The moody storm covered the sky with the wind blew by, carrying feeling of unwanted into the atmosphere. It was the last rehearsal before the actual play in few hours.

The crews were working together to make sure everything run perfectly. Timing is the key. The lighting, props and actors must be synchronized to make a perfect scene as they were supposed to carry the audience into the world of imagination.

Sam was with the prop team. They communicated very well to carry the props on and off the stage. Sam was the head of the team so he made sure every crew were on the same page.

Nathan and Lily were doing their best and they were mastering their parts professionally. Just in few weeks, they tackled the characters traits into their own body and acted it out wonderfully. The director seemed to be satisfied with the momentum that they gave throughout the drama play.

" That was great ! Keep the momentum everyone ! Tonight is the night ! See you guys later. Get some rest for a few hours, fill your stomach and prepare your mindset for tonight, okay ?" the director instructed.

Lily was still holding Nathan's hand when they walked to the side of the stage as Sam was staring at the couple of the play. Sam couldn't help but to feel a bit envious of the view he witnessed. Lily and Nathan seemed to be very close with each other since they needed to keep the chemistry together.

Nathan caught Sam's envious stare. Sam quickly turned away and walked away. Sensing something was wrong, Nathan excused himself from Lily. Nathan ran after Sam from behind.

Outside of the theater hall, Nathan grabbed Sam's hand to stop him from walking away.

" Sam, what's wrong ? Why you gave that look just now ?" Nathan questioned Sam with a soft tone.

Sam was breathing hard. His pulse was getting faster. He turned around and stared right into Nathan's eyes. His eyes spoke for him. His jealousy was clearly portrayed in his eyes without him telling Nathan.

" Nothing. Just go and take a rest. I'm going to the cafe to buy drinks. You want something ?" Sam tried to change the topic.

" You pick for me, " Nathan said calmly.

Sam nodded and stormed away as Nathan stared at his back. Nathan then walked back inside the theater to get rest and be ready for his first ever drama play.

" Thank you aunty.. " Sam thanked the lady behind the counter as he took the cups of iced lemon tea off the counter.

Just before he headed back to the theater hall, he was stopped by a voice.

" Sam ! Wait up !" the voice barked from the other side of the cafe.

Sam turned around and saw Tony. He was running towards Sam. As he reached to Sam, he took a few seconds to catch his breath.

" Do you know where is Nick ?" Tony asked with his breathy voice.

" He didn't answer my phone calls," he added.

" Aow, I thought you don't care about him. You know he hates you right ?" Sam answered while he smirked.

Tony seemed to be flustered by Sam's words.

" I'm not sure where he is but he did told me that he went out with a friend. I think they will come to the drama play tonight," Sam continued.

" You mean Ivan right ?" Tony anxiously replied.

" Yeah.. You know him ?" Sam asked before he sipped his drink to relieve his thirst.

" Sam.. Here's the thing.. That guy is.. he is a.. come closer.." Tony asked Sam to stand closer so he could tell him.