Chapter 64

Leonardo's POV

" Uhmm... hey mama." I said once I entered Junior's room, where Amanda spends most of her time ever since Junior was taken, about a week ago. Amanda hasn't been the same ever since that day , ironically she wasn't crying and neither did she seem shaken up, she was just mute and that scared me more than anything .

" I brought you food ! your favorite actually, tuna sandwich and it's cold, just the way you like it. " I slowly approached the rocking chair she was sitting on, she ignored me and continued to stare off in space.

" I'm worried about you mama... You won't eat or drink anything and you lock yourself up in this room all day everyday. " I said kneeling before her and taking her hands into mine.

" We're going to find Junior, I'm certain about that." I said kissing the back of her one hand and a tear rolled down her face. I reached out and wiped it, cupping her cheek.

" It's been a week already Leonardo, where are they keeping my son  ? What are they feeding him ? Are they washing him ? Is he warm ? I can't Leonar--" her voice faded and all you could hear were her loud sobs. I pulled her onto my chest and she held on to me so tight as if I'd leave her too. Tears poured out of her eyes, down her swollen face. I picked her up from the chair and sat her on my lap and rocked her back and forth trying to calm her down, keyword "try ".

" I'm as worried about Junior as you are. I'm trying so hard to keep it together and not break down because of the guilt I feel. I have failed as a parent once again ." I sighed, throwing my head back in frustration. Amanda picked her head up from my chest and looked at me.

" You didn't fail and you never did. " she said softly with a small smile before kissing my forehead.

" I haven't seen you smile in a while . " I said and she simply just shrugged before standing up to leave.

" I'm going to freshen up and feed Mariano and Nikita . " she said leaning on the doorframe .

" My mother and Mia already washed them and she said something about feeding them the... milk you pumped ? "  she nodded before leaving the room. I sighed before getting off the floor and leaving the room, not wanting to be near anything that reminds me of him. I jogged down the stairs, the same time Luke and Mason entered through the front door.

" Tell me something I want to hear ." I walked into the living room, joining the rest of the team. I leaned against the wall and waited on them to tell me what they've found.

" We... Uhmm actually... We don't... Boss--" I rolled my eyes at the stuttering Luke.

" You sound like a bitch, Mason ?! " I turned and looked at Mason and he only shrugged making me chuckle .