Chapter 34

Amanda's POV

"Baba ndinoloyiko , intombhi yethu has been in this bed for weeks now"  (baba I fear, our daughter has been in this bed for weeks now )  I heard a voice say from a distance.

"Kuzolunga nkosikazi , my Nana is a strong woman. She wouldn't be a Gaffley if she wasn't ." (All is going to be well my wife )  I heard another voice say  but this time, this one was familiar . The annoying beeping sound doesn't go unnoticed this time too, where was I ?

" He's right Mrs Gaffley, I've known Amanda for a short period of time but one thing that she has embanded in my mind is that she's a strong bitch ! I mean no one can mes- "

"DE'ARRA !!! " I heard a male voi- De'arra ? DE' ARRA ? SHE'S HERE !  I tried to move my arm but it was stiff, like the rest of my body. I slowly peeled my eyes open before shutting them closed again  finding hard to adjust to the light. I opened my eyes again and let them adjust to the light before scanning the room. This definitely is a hospital room, I know a hospital smell very well but that explains the beeping sound. My eyes suddenly landed on my father, who had an arm wrapped around my mother and Ken was kneeling before her with his hands joined with my mother's and De'arra had her head on my mother's shoulder and my mom leaned her head on top of De'arra's both sobbing. They all just looked miserable, shattered even.

"Baba " I said nearly above a whisper . My throat was dry as a desert so I struggled getting words out or maybe it was the oxygen mask that was covering my mouth. I tried reaching for the glass of water beside me but it was so heavy for me to carry so it tipped over and shattered on the floor and that seemed to get everyone's attention because they all turned to me, instantly running towards my bed side.

"Oh umntanam Thixo ! Enkosi mdhali, enkosi Bawo. My baby girl, how are you ?" (Oh God, my child ! Thank you lord.) my mom asked while holding my one hand with the biggest smile on her face with tears still coming out of her eyes.

I only smiled at her still unable to say anything

" Nanga amanzi ntombhi yam  " my father said holding a glass of water with a straw in it and he assisted me with drinking the water since I could barely use my arms or hands.