Chapter Forty-One: Juniper Channing

I squeal in surprise when two arms wrap around my waist and lift me away from my workstation. I spin around in his hold and glare at him. "You scared me!" I cry and Asa laughs, nuzzling my nose on his. So, being me, I put my flour-covered hands on his face and laugh when he groans in annoyance. "You deserved it!"

He whines and puts me down to head over to the sink and clean off. "What are you doing here anyway? I thought Bear was making you work sixteen hours for the next week because you skipped so many shifts before."

"He is but I snuck out so I could see you because I missed you." I roll my eyes as he tugs me back into him. "Is that okay?"

"I suppose it's fine." I shrug nonchalantly and he smacks my ass for it. He drags my chin up and kisses me heavily. Dragging my lips apart with his own and sliding his tongue over mine. He kisses me until I'm struggling to breathe and then pulls away with a cocky look.

"I think it's better than fine, Angel." I bite his bottom lip in retaliation as my hands are still covered in flour and his groan makes me shiver. "Wash your hands." He demands and I do so, knowing exactly what he has in mind.

The store closed about half an hour ago, we're the only ones in the building as I stayed behind to practice a new recipe. The minute my hands are dry, he lifts me onto the counter and drags me into another kiss. I hug him close with my arms wrapped around his neck and my legs wrapped around his waist.

"Don't you have work?" I mumble in the midst of his kisses.

"I've got a few minutes."

"You think I'm a woman that can be done in a few minutes."

"No, but I'm a man that you can have whenever you want."

"Well, I want you in our bed after hours of foreplay, not a quickie in a kitchen." He moves his hand from my waist to my neck, tilting my head to the side to leave hickeys across the surface while he grinds against me.

"Are you sure, baby?" He whispers as his other hand grips my breast tightly. I whine in frustration, his tongue driving me insane.

"No." I pant, dragging him back up to kiss me before moving to undo his belt. His hands yank up my skirt and pull me to the edge of the counter, his tongue still in my mouth and dancing with my own. He frees himself from his jeans and drives into me. My head falls back as he moves away from my lips to bite my neck. "Asa."

"I got you, baby." I pull him closer, driving him deeper as he thrusts in and out of me in a steady rhythm. His fingertips bite into my thighs as he brings me to the edge. I grip the edge of the counter with white knuckles as I accept everything he gives me. "I want your hands and eyes on me, June."

He rolls my head down to look at him, his eyes dark and fired up. I manage to release my grip on the counter and slip them under his shirt, digging my nails into his chest. He explodes, his eyes rolling back into his head and my name on his lips. The scene alone has me following him over the edge, collapsing against his chest in exhaustion. "I still want you in our bed later."

"I'll be there."

--------

"I still want to know what you bet for Mac and Eva's relationship," Lexie states as we all settle down in the pink room with a large glass of wine each. Saviour grins and leans back on the couch.

"Well, if you insist. Reign and I have always had fantasies, right? So each of us would take it in turns to play out said fantasy and because of Miracle, we haven't been able to have as much fun as we used to. I bet him a four-day weekend of all of my fantasies and trust me, I am aiming to win."

"What does he get if he wins the bet?"

"He gets me not taking bounties for a month." We all wince at the idea. Saviour has been going out with Riley and Nova and picking up criminals from as far as two states over. I doubt she'd like not being able to do that. "Yeah, exactly. That's why I need to win, my idea is so much more fun."

"Riley, I want to know when you want the wedding and if you want help planning it." Lexie spins on her chair to fix the agent with her signature look. Riley looks up from her phone, completely out of it, and notices everyone looking at her. "Did you hear me?"

"Nope, what did you say?"

"Wedding? When are you thinking and do you need help?"

"Umm, I don't have a clue, and yes, please. I don't even know where to start with a wedding, it's not my type of thing, to be honest. I couldn't convince him to elope though so that's kind of sad."

"Maybe Eva can give you the scrapbook I made when I was a kid, I didn't use it," Saviour suggests, finishing off her glass of wine and pouring another one immediately afterwards.

"Is she here?"

"I saw her this morning, haven't seen her since. Hold on." Saviour opens the door and whistles so loudly my ears ring.

"I'm here, darling!" Eva somehow knows that she's who we're looking for and makes her way into the pink room with her normal smile on her face.

"Where were you?"

"I was helping Bear with some contracts, apparently I have an eye for detail. So, what's going on?"

"Riley is thinking about planning her wedding, do you have the scrapbook I had?"

"Of course, but none of is Riley's style. Everything was pink and so much tulle, lilies too which Riley's allergic to."

"This is so confusing!" Riley whines and lays down to put her head in Eva's lap.

"I'm so good at planning weddings! We can choose your favourite colours and then figure it out from there, I promise everything will be fine." Lexie reassures her, squeezing her hand and patting it after.

"You have to stay, Eva. For as long as possible."

"I can stay for as long as you want me here."

"Forever?"

"Forever."