Chapter Eight: Asa Michaels

It was incredible watching her fly across the ice.

After last night, I got the entirely wrong impression of her, now that's been cleared up and I'm thankful for it. She's strong and intelligent with a drive that I've never seen in anyone before so I'm amazed by her ability to ask for help.

It's never been something I'm very good at, I'd rather suffer alone.

Still, despite all of that, it's nice to see that gorgeous smile on her face. It was devastating to watch her cry and grip onto Runner like she was scared he'd leave her too. She's been mistreated like I was, and I feel like she's a kindred spirit, someone I can help. It's nice to feel that way again like I'm not completely alone in the world.

As always, the plans after receiving good news are going to the club and partying for a few hours.

If you couldn't guess, it was Riley that suggested it. She wants to celebrate her new status and Juniper's success with her favourite thing: clubbing for hours.

I drift alongside Riley as she natters away about Johnson's move and how he's going to start work at a tech start-up about twenty minutes from here and his girlfriend - whose name I still don't know - is going to work at the hospital up the road.

"You and he are gonna be best friends, I'm 100% sure. He's a lot like you though I think he'll be spending most of his time with Romeo, helping out with the system and all that. But if you think you're getting out of the welcoming drinks then you are dead wrong."

"You mean I get to play the fifth wheel? How fun for me!" I declare sarcastically, the unfortunate thing about being one of the unmated bikers means I get dragged out to all the parties alone which is one of the most agonising things to do.

The welcoming drinks thing she mentioned is just gonna be Riley, Boulder, Johnson, the unknown girlfriend, and me.

Sounds fun, right? No, no it does not.

I'll have to see if I can figure a way out of it, it'll be hard though because Riles can always tell when I'm lying. It's really frustrating, she's so good at keeping a straight face that I can't tell what she's thinking but she can read me like an open book, there's no way I'll ever be able to keep a secret from her.

"Hey, I am still great company when I'm with Boulder."

"Yeah, sure, whatever you say." I tease, making her gasp dramatically just like I did last night.

See? This is why we're best friends.

"You take that back, you little wanker!" She chases after me as I hurry away from her, circling through our friends and using Breaker as a personal bodyguard, I remember that even he can't take her in a fight so I change tactics and slip behind Nova.

"What did you do to Riley?" Nova questions, her hand gripped in Rogue's as I literally hide behind her. She's a little sweetheart and even though she's young, she looks after five kids. She can also take Riley in a fight so I need her.

"Not much... really. I've said much worse before." I yelp in alarm when Riley pops up in front of us and run away again. This time I dive behind Juniper as she laughs at us, Runner at her side and Romeo in front of them. "No! We can't hurt the newbie, this is a safe space." I try and bargain, holding Juni's shoulders and staring at Riley, daring her to make a move with Runner right beside me.

Even though Runner is my personal pain in the ass, he protects me from Saviour, Riley, and Nova who can beat me in a fight. Granted, they'll beat him too but it'll give me the chance to run and hide which would mean extending my life so I suppose that's good enough for the both of us.