Chapter 22

Jyugo POV

My mind is so foggy. My body hurts as if I ran hundreds of miles. I open my eyes, but what I see takes me by surprise. I am looking at myself past out on the bench of a fast-moving boat.

Jyugo: What is going on?

*Elf*: Oh? It looks like your mind woke up faster than expected. Well, even if that's the case, there is nothing you can do to stop me. I wonder what your "friends" are going to think when they see you coming back just to leave a massacre behind you.

Jyugo: no.

*Elf*: Oh, yes, and all this just because of your little escape attempt. If you would have just stood in your little cage and played along, maybe things wouldn't have turned this way.

Jyugo: LIAR! I know you were going to attack Nanba, I may not be a genius but...

*Elf*: But what, you took to heart what your dear cellmate told you? I have to admit Zakuro is a better actor than I would have thought.

Jyugo: what?

*Elf*: You heard me loud and clear, your tiny little friendship with Zakuro was all an act. He has been my pawn from the beginning and soon you will end up becoming another piece on my grand game board. But first, we are going to tear down that pathetic excuse of a prison off the face of the Earth.

I try to find where Elf is, but his voice seems to come from inside my head. Am I going insane? No. He did something to me. Is he going to control my body again? I have to stop this. I...

*Elf*: As if you could do anything.

Jyugo: What?

*Elf*: You really think I can't feel words filled with so much rage? Now be a good boy, stand back, and enjoy the show.

My body starts to move and head to the front of the boat next to Isou.

Isou: How are you feeling.

Elf: Better than ever.

Isou: Well, that is good to hear since we just got to the party. Let's join the others.

Elf: Of course.