Chapter 17

Elf POV

I continue talking with Isou as we wait for Zakuro to get here and tell him about his part in my plan of finally getting Jyugo all to myself.

Zakuro: Mister Elf, did you call for me.

Elf: Yes. As you know, Jyugo cares a lot about his so-called family at Nanba.

Zakuro: Yes. He always talks about that place with a slight smile on his face.

Elf: Well, it has been decided that we will attack Nanba in four days and, I intend to have Jyugo there watching as I bring havoc with his body.

Zakuro: Oh, the body-control thingy?

Elf: Yes. Unlike you, some people don't follow my commands. The sooner their spirit is broken, the sooner I can fully take over their bodies. Any instabilities in their emotions can trigger this and make my control over them even greater.

Zakuro: Is that why both Chuya and Jyugo have that red aura around them when they're using their powers.

Isou: Yes. That would be the so-called "demon" whose soul resides within the formula of this serum. And who else would be able to control it but Elf himself.

Elf: Well, Jyugo's sudden burst of emotions that started in Nanba makes it a lot harder to control him, so after all the shots he should be ready. Plus, the news you will bring him about attacking Nanba will make him fall right into my trap. That will feed the demon enough energy for me to take over and bring hell to that pathetic excuse of a prison.

Zakuro: So all I have to do is tell Jyugo that I overheard you and Isou...

Isou: Try out someone else, could you? I personally don't want to be involved in your little theatrical scheme.

Zakuro: So I overheard Mr. Elf and...Miss Kujaku?

Elf: Yeah, sure.

Zakuro: Ok. I got this.

Zakuro hurries back to his cell to tell Jyugo the wonderful news.

Isou: You really think that could work.

Elf: Have I ever been wrong?

Isou: From my point of view? Yes.