Chapter 18

Zakuro POV

I head back to my cell as fast as I can. 'Okay, I gotta make this believable. Relax Zakuro. You can do this.'

Jyugo: You seem in a hurry.

Zakuro: I gotta talk to you. Now.

Jyugo: Uhhh...sure.

Zakuro: Okay. You said Mr. Elf promised you he wouldn't do anything to your friends at Nanba, right?

Jyugo: IF THAT BASTARD...

Zakuro: Keep it down, will you. I only heard him talk with Miss Kujaku about some meeting regarding Nanba. I...I think they might attack that place from what I heard...

Jyugo got up from his bed and headed for the locked cell door.

Zakuro: Wait! Where are you going. If you...

Jyugo: I am going to make sure that psycho...

Jyugo POV

All of a sudden, Zakuro jumps after me and blocks my way.

Zakuro: You can't do that. If you do, they'll know I was the one to let you know. I...I don't wanna be punished. Please!

Zakuro was just standing in front of me shaking and crying hysterically.

'What did they do to Zakuro to make him react like that.'

Jyugo: Then, what do you suggest? I'll hear you out. If you have a better idea I won't confront Elf.

His shaking and tears stopped as he looked up at me hopeful.

Zakuro: Thank you.

Jyugo: Well...

Zakuro: If...if Mr. Elf is going to break the promise he made you eighter way, you can just escape tonight. It's still morning, so just lay low, don't argue too much, and when the night comes, you just escape.

Jyugo: Alright...That could work.

Zakuro sighs with relief and just stays there calming himself down.

Jyugo: If you want, you could come with me.

Zakuro: Huh?

Jyugo: You heard me. I am sure the guys at Nanba can help you out, and with your skills, I bet they would hire you on the spot.

Zakuro: Thanks but, I can't leave...or at least, not yet. Maybe...maybe you could help the guard find this place. That could help me and everyone here.

Jyugo: You got it.

Zakuro got up, mumbled a small thanks, and went to wash his face a bit. As he calmed down he just laid on the bed. After half an hour, Elf arrived. 'Who summoned the devil ?'

Elf: Time to see Isou.

Jyugo: Yeah.

I follow him, keeping myself from slicing his throat as we get to Isou's little lab.