Chapter 28

Stiles ducks when a mover hauls a chair high in the air to get to the truck. Stiles still doesn't agree with the way they are moving, but his father wanted a 'normal' move to the Hale house.

And Stiles gets it, he does, but magic is so much quicker. He sighs again when a mover tries to pick up a case and terribly failing. This is what you get when you let a mermaid pack your stuff. They don't know their strength.

''Here, let me help you,'' Comes Nic's sweet voice before hauling the case in her arms without trouble. The man looks dumbfounded after her before getting an awe expression and rushing after her.

Stiles snickers. He really wants to see how Nic's going to handle a love-struck mover. He quietly walks after them while watching Nic sway her hips. She is a freaking tease, but Stiles loves it.

''Hey! Are your legs tired? Because you've been running through my mind all day long.'' The guy tries, and Stiles tries not to make a sound while violently holding back his laughter.

''What?'' Nic responds, and the look on her face is almost enough to let Stiles fall into hysterics.

''Well, I thought happiness started with an H, but mine seems to start with U.'' He says while waggling his eyebrows in what he probably thinks is a suggestive matter.

Nic's face goes blank, and she narrows her eyes at Stiles, who is trying to keep upright and keep quiet while the mover is hitting on Nic.

''You know, that sounds to me like some type of dyslexia. Now if you will excuse me, both my boyfriends are in this house. And they tend to get jealous even if one of them is being a prick at this moment.'' Nic says while flipping her hair and glaring at Stiles, who isn't holding back anymore and just fell to the ground laughing.

The man looks crestfallen and blushes before rushing into the house.

''Awhh babe, you broke his heart,'' Stiles says between laughs.

''Ah babe, I'm going to break something of you if you keep laughing like that,'' Nic says with a smile full of teeth.

''You wouldn't. You love me too much,'' Stiles says while grinning up at her.

''At this moment, Derek is my favorite.'' She grumbles while crossing her arms and giving Stiles her best bitchface.

''I don't know what happened, but I do like being the favorite,'' Derek says when walking out of the house with two boxes. He stops next to Nic to quickly kiss her on the cheek while giving Stiles a smug smile.

Stiles simply flips him off before standing up again and throwing his arms around Nic's waist.

''Don't be mad, baby,'' Stiles murmurs with a smile on his face before starting to kiss Nic's face until she starts to laugh and push him away half-heartedly.

''Son, I don't pay you just to kiss your girlfriend.'' John's voice comes from behind them, sounding amused and a little exasperated.

''You don't pay me at all!'' Stiles says while throwing his arms in the air.

''Watch it, son, I will eat red meat, and Derek will help me,'' John says while pointing at Stiles, eyes glinting with mirth.

Stiles gasps and whirls on his boyfriend.

''You wouldn't!'' He shrieks. Derek is laughing now and has put his chin on Nic's shoulder.

''I was going to make steaks tonight, and your dad's heart sounds fine, you know this, he can eat red meat.''

''Blasphemy! Why is everyone against me?'' Stiles says with mock hurt and a hand to his chest.

His dad, Nic, and Derek all laugh, and Stiles hasn't felt this light for a long time. He has the feeling everything is going to be alright.