Chapter 6

It took no time at all to get to the preserve. He knows most forest roads. His mother always took him here to go picnic or just walk through the forest. She always told him how it made her feel alive. This was, of course, before she got sick.

He can feel the warmth in his stomach spreading like it's reaching outside. Like it's reaching for the forest. He now knows what his mother meant all those years ago. He feels alive. He laughs to himself and quickly looks around to check if nobody is watching. He already feels like a loner and a weirdo. Not everybody had to see that.

He keeps walking and checking the diary, so he keeps on the right path. After an hour of walking, he finally reached where the lake should be. But nothing is there.

''What the fuck. It should be here.'' He mumbles to himself.

He walks a little further but still can't see a lake. According to his mother's diary, it should be large and right here. Maybe he needs to do something with his magic? That sounds about right. Okay.

''Believe that there is a lake here and a house. And feel like an idiot because you're talking to yourself.'' He says. Feeling like a weirdo again.

He opens his eyes and gasps. There is the fucking lake. He throws his fist in the air and does a little wiggle with his body before flailing and falling on his ass.

''And just because I'm too awesome, I need to make fun of myself, so I don't get a too huge ego.'' He grumbles, but he is still smiling.

He walks towards the lake and after a couple of feet, it feels like an egg is cracked on his head. He swipes at his head, but nothing comes of it.

''Weird..'' He mumbles, and he keeps walking.

He finally sees the lake house, and it looks beautiful. Large windows, a real cottage feeling, the house even opens up at the bottom, so you can get from the house into the lake in an instant, you can tie a boat there, oh my god, there is a boat!

''What is this place?'' He keeps walking, and more of the house is revealed. It's bigger than he thought, and he sees the light on in the windows and smoke coming from the chimney. That makes him pause. Is this the right house? According to the diary, only Stiles could get in. Wait. That isn't true. It says that people with a spark and good intentions can get in.

Could it be that someone with a spark is in there? Stiles practically runs the rest of the distance to the house. He knocks and waits for an answer.

He doesn't hear anything and tries the knob. The door opens, and Stiles is in awe of the amazing space. He sees an amazing kitchen to his left with a large island. To his right, he sees a cozy living room with a fireplace. He spun in a circle to see everything and didn't hear footsteps behind him.

When he is full circle, he startles to see a beautiful woman standing there, completely engrossed in a book and with earbuds in her ears. She has long dark blonde hair that is cascading down in waves, her cheekbones are sharp, but the rest of her face looks soft, she has a cute wrinkle between her eyebrows, clearly concentrated on her book. And she mumbles with the book she's reading. Stiles should really say something but can only gape because holy mother of God, she's hot.