Chapter 8

Derek pulled up at the pizza place just when he saw a familiar blue jeep pulling away. He scowled. He really couldn't use the feelings today that were there whenever he saw Stiles.

He got an incoming text. Isaac and Jackson were demanding what was keeping him with the pizza.

When he came back to the loft, he saw that Lydia was already there. He gave Jackson and Isaac their pizza. Lydia looked at him curiously before he moved towards his bed to read a little.

''I know what I am, by the way. I just found out today.'' Lydia proclaimed while eating a piece of Jackson's pizza.

Derek was stunned and waited for her to explain more. He thought it would be hard without Stiles's research to find out what Lydia would be. Before she could get into it, she was interrupted by Peter. Who apparently was somewhere in the loft, and Derek hadn't even noticed it.

''You're a Banshee, that's why you could bring me back from the dead. You are a messenger of death. When I bit you, we formed a connection, and your powers were activated.'' He said casually while inspecting his fingernails.

Lydia glared at the man, and if Derek were a lesser man, he would have gulped out of fright. That girl could be scary when she wanted to be.

''Yes, thank you for stealing my thunder, Peter. And thank you for hospitalizing me, attacking me, and brainwash me.'' She snarked back, still glaring holes in Peter's head.

''Your welcome. I also saved your boyfriend, by the way.'' Peter said casually. Derek saw that Lydia tried to get up before Jackson stopped her. Jackson growled at Peter and flashed his eyes. Almost wolfing out to protect what was his.

''Peter, shut up, Jackson, calm down. We don't need this. We still need to look for Erica and Boyd. We can do that better with more people.'' Derek snapped. Jackson resisted to submit but still bared his neck a little from the Alpha voice Derek used. Peter bared his neck too, with a sneer on his face.

After an hour of planning search missions through the preserve, a knock sounded on the door. When Derek sniffed the air, he could smell Scott, Allison, and Chris Argent. He growled and stalked towards the door. He threw it open and just sidestepped in time to avoid the collision with Scot, who was thrown into the room.

''What the fuck are you doing here?'' Derek snarled at Chris and Allison. He ignored the indignant noise coming from Scott.

''He is turning into an Omega. You need to help him, or I will put him down.'' Chris snapped back.

Derek was stunned for a moment before looking at Scott. He looked indeed wild for a moment, on the edge of wolfing out.

''Why do you care what happens to him?'' Peter asked from his place by the windows.

''I don't, but Allison does. And I will be damned if she will be hurt because of this imbecile.'' Chris said while looking at Scott with disgust. Allison put a hand on his arm, and he relaxed a little.

''Derek is not my Alpha, and never will be my Alpha!'' Scott growled.

''Yes, Scott, you made that perfectly clear the last time we spoke. What I don't understand is why you are now losing it. You haven't had an Alpha for almost a year.'' Derek mused for a moment. He didn't want Scott in his pack, but he would feel bad if he was killed. Stiles wouldn't want that.

''Nothing changed! And I'm not going rogue.'' Scott said, still looking with disgust at Derek and Peter. Isaac and Jackson were silent, Lydia was typing on her phone and seemed not interested, but Derek had the feeling that she would have heard everything.

Chris scoffed. ''If you aren't trained, I will have no choice but to kill you, Scott, because you will be a danger to Allison and other people. I will not risk it.''

Scott looked at Chris with anger for a moment. Before nodding and looking at the floor, clearly not pleased with the circumstances. Derek let out a large sigh.

''Scott, you are going to train with us this summer, you don't have to be in the pack if you don't want to, and you don't have to submit. But because you will train with us, it shall feel like a pack, and you will be more anchored. Think about it, if not for yourself, than for your mother, Allison, or Stiles's sake. They are the ones in danger if you can't control yourself.'' Derek said. Already regretting this.

Scott looked like a lost puppy for a moment before nodding.

''I will train with you, but I still don't trust you,'' Scott said with a scowl aimed at Derek.

Derek just shrugged and went back to his place on his bed. A clear dismissal for the hunters and Scott. They left after a couple of moments, and Jackson and Isaac immediately started talking. Jackson was angry at Scott and a little at Derek that he allowed Scott like that with their training, but Isaac was hopeful. He clearly liked Scott. Lydia still didn't say anything. She was just observing everyone around her, still texting with someone.

Peter was now standing next to Derek.

''Good job, nephew. Let's see if he will again betray you.''

Derek closed his eyes. Not even wanting to respond at that. He heard Peter walking away and only could think that his life was fucked up. He just wanted to curl in bed with his mate, with Stiles, but he ruined that. And this was clearly part of his punishment.