What friends are for

I decided it would be best to change the date of the NVB to Friday, (today) in the story. It     seemed more fitting!

•       •      •

A final ring of the bell jolted Shinzu out of her seat. She eagerly clasped her hands together, praying for the afternoon to arrive much quicker as she's sprinting down the hallway.
A few teachers waving their students off gave her furious stares for disobeying such simple rules, but there was no time.

"We have to get ready!!" Shinzu exclaimed as she turned a corner, slipping into your unusually locked classroom door.

"What the hell?" she exclaimed, rubbing her temple. Shinzu peaked through the small glass frame, before her eyes widened in curiosity.

There you sat at the front of the class, tapping your sneaker against the desk leg. Impatience took over your body within your first steps into school that morning. Surely you were on the brink of losing your mind for your careless mistake.

Shinzu slanted her head, smushing her face against the glass to view Mrs. T/n sitting strictly on top of her desk. Arms folded across her chest as if to avoid the rage built inside of her. Frankly, she didn't want to be here any less than you did.

Your head bobbed, waking you up from the same dazed state you'd been in all day. Maybe thinking about later will make time pass by quicker?

Who am I kidding, I'm missing the banquet.

tap tap tap... "Y/n."

"Y/N!!!"

Peeking your head behind you, Shinzu stands abruptly outside the door, furiously knocking while exasperating a whisper-like yell.

Shinzu what the actual fuck do you think grabbing more attention is going to do?

She waves sadly, already interpreting you slouched position as the message 'there's no way out of this'. Fortunately, Shinzu had become much more confident in herself these past few months. She wasn't the type to let simple problems go unsolved. She stood for a moment, making eye contact with your teacher who shooed her away from the door. Viewing the build of your classroom, it was obvious no windows would be open for you to somehow climb out of, due to the chilling fall weather that dawned over Miyagi.

She continued taking steps back, eyeing your slouched state in the desk chair, before bumping her back into a small, sharp rectangular object.

"Shit" she hissed, turning around to view what scratched her back. A grin sweeped across her tanned complexion, insight planning it's own solution in her mind.

Kags☺️
sent at 3:06pm
I can meet you at the entrance later
can't wait to see you tonight;)
Y/n?

Oikawa😤❤️
   sent at 3:13pm
Y/n i'll pick u up in one sec k?
Y/n?
r u ignoring me..:(

Peeking at his phone through his pant pocket, The boy sat on his bike, eagerly waiting for you to exit the building. He was supposed to take you home, yet it felt your unintentional ditching was to remind him you weren't exactly his. Desperate for your answer, he dialed your number, now memorized by heart and placed it to his ear, for a snarky, deep voice to respond back.

"Ah, Mr. Oikawa"

"Uh.. Mrs. T/n" he gulped. "By any chance would you happen to know where Y/n is? I'm a bit worried."

"Oh no need to, she's perfectly fine, sitting right in front of me for the next few hours should be an absolute joy for her."

"She's in detention? Mrs. T/n how could she be?"
The older lady chuckled in interest. "Maybe someone shouldn't have distracted her from the lesson. Doodling in one's notebook? How childish for our "Star Senior".

He froze, before feeling a buzz from his pocket. Opening his messages read a simple text from Shinzu:

"Get your bike ready."

"huh?"

Almost instantly, a blaring horn rang through Oikawa's, and practically the entire neighborhood's ears, as small flashes of red and white began flashing from the outside of the school.

The fire alarm.

"Shinzu you didn't" Oikawa smirked, shaking his head while gripping his bike handles and jogging to the back entrance.

You followed your teacher out the side door, filing into a line with other students. She strode her way over to another teacher to discuss the situation, when Shinzu found your eyes in the crowd of students. A mix of athletes, club students and rebellious teens apparently such as yourself stood clumped within the back of the school grounds, trying to make sense of what exactly was going on, before you turned around to meet the subtle whispers coming from your best friend.

Immediately, she grabbed your wrist, yanking you out of the group and pulling you around the fence. "Shinzu, was this your doing?" You laughed in shock. She nodded, handing you your phone which she managed to steal. She panicked on what exactly to do next before a calming cocky tone interrupted you from the other side of the fence.

"Ladies, what situation have we gotten ourselves into?" the boy smirked.

"Tooru!" You happily whispered, waving Shinzu away before frantically climbing over the school fence. He grabbed onto your waist, assisting you down slowly as to not make a noise or let any perverse students view under your skirt. He was always such a gentlemen.

"You're lucky I wait around for you" he commented brashly, sitting down on the seat of his bike. You followed, securing your arms around his torso. "Oikawa, you wait for me everyday you doof" you smiled. His cheeks reddened at how tight you held on, releasing a sheepish smile from his lips when he turned around.

Oh how thankful you had been to have such great, scheme-full friends to rely on. For now you could gladly escape to this evenings banquet, not giving a single shit about what calls your parents might receive the next morning.
You rested your head on Oikawa'sback, letting his annoying questions and the calm wind soothe you.

"Now why did y/n l/n recieve detention? Today of all days?"

"We're you distracted by something?"

"We're you distracted by me?"

You barely hugged him tighter at the last question, but he already felt that it had given him his answer, humming in acceptance. He continued along the road, feeling content in your presence, even when your phone buzzed occasionally he felt so comfortable.

Your phone continued buzzing though, so as soon as you got home you thanked him with a quick peck.

"I'm going to get more of that, right?" He questioned, leaning forward once more and pouting his lips. "Kisses?"

He nodded.
"I'm fine with more too if you ar-"

By then you had already turned his face, slapping him lightly across the cheek.

"You are so strange" you laughed. "Keep your head outta the gutter, k?" You soothed the new sore on his cheek, rubbing your fingers over pouting complexion.

With a swish of your skirt, you approached your house before viewing 8 messages from Kageyama. His thought of you made your lips turn upward, running up the stairs and finally waving Oikawa off.

He waved back, letting his smile fade into a jealous frown only after you closed the door.

"See you at 6, y/n"

I definitely will be posting at a similar pace as I am now, and i do apologize for that, but school is taking a massive toll on me, and i was planning to post last friday... when i got food poisoned. It's a long story but i'm back and will continue to try and post as soon as I can. I hope you enjoyed!