Where we stand

"What is your problem Tooru!?"

Y/n struggles to set her mind straight as Oikawa continues to pull her back down the large hallway, tightening his grip around her wrist with every step.

"You're hurting me! STOP PLEASE!" With that Oikawa finally snapped back into reality, releasing his hand from y/n's immediately.

"Y/n" he softened. "I- Im sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you", widening his eyes at the sight of a red mark placed on her arm. "Well, you did" she snapped back. "You know how rude it is to interrupt people's conversations? We've been over this and here you are doing the same thing over and over again". Y/n was furious, her eyebrows more arched than usual.

"You have to understand what kind of person Kageyama is y/n. He's cruel, and vile, and I don't want you getting yourself infatuated with his kingly ways. I can't trust you with him!" Oikawa shouts, startling y/n as she steps back.

"Oikawa what do you know about trust".

His mouthed dropped. How could someone so wonderful, who held such a special place in his heart have the audacity to say that to his face. "More than you" He fought back. "At least i'm smart enough to make the right decisions for myself. How's constantly having to depend on someone 24/7? I wouldn't know".

"IM SORRY I CANT TAKE CARE OF MYSELF ALL THE TIME !!" y/n screamed. Tears collecting in the corners of her eyes. It was loud enough for the Raven haired boy to peak out from the far gym doorway.

"You have no idea what it's like to work your way up from the bottom. Not everyone is as amazing as you claim yourself to be! Depending on people is a part of the process Tooru! Being alone all the time gets you nowhere, that's why I wanted to become so close to you in the first place! You were always alone, and I knew you could reach your full potential if someone was there for you to rely on-"

"Y/N THIS ISN'T ABOUT ME!" Oikawa interrupts. Since when was it? Oikawa was trying to protect y/n but of course with her low self-esteem, she'd always turn the conversation around to avoid her being at fault.

With tears already streaming down his face, Oikawa continued. A faint chuckle could be heard from Kageyama down the hall. It was hilarious to see the Great king cry.

"I'm trying to protect you because you're too vulnerable to do it yourself!" Oikawa shouted. "If it weren't for me, I don't know where you'd be right now! You need to understand how evil people can be in this world. He was trying to take advantage of you and I can't let that happen!"

"Tooru I may have only talked to Kageyama today but i've seen the way he plays and acts around his teammates. He wouldn't do something like that!"

"You can never be sure y/n! I've known you forever that's why we have so much trust in each other. I don't want anyone taking you away from me god dammit!" He takes her hands into his. "You're Seijoh's Queen, my Queen!"

Crying just as much as Oikawa, y/n yanks herself away from his soft touch.

"I'm not yours".

Y/n runs down the hall, failing to hold back her tears. Who's to run to when your best friend isn't there to comfort you? Leaving the boy frozen in his place, he couldn't contain himself either. He looked over his shoulder only to see his love, gone. She was right. He never built up the time or courage to ask her, ultimately leaving their friendship behind them as a distant memory.

Turning back around, he approached the gym doors where Kageyama had been eavesdropping. "I don't want you near y/n as long as i'm alive you scumbag". Glaring fiercely into Tobio's eyes.
"It looks like y/n would disagree with that statement, your majesty." Kageyama responded, making Oikawa's blood boil.

But Oikawa knew his students weaknesses. "We're both royalty in this game, so i'd like to see you try. We're even now remember?". With that, Oikawa walked away. Leaving the pissed off, weaker king alone in the dark hallway.

~ A bit of a short chapter but it hurt to write about Oikawa and (you) fighting! My god🥺
Anyways Just another check in to make sure you all like it! There's obviously not many of you reading it but those who are I am so so thankful!
I'll check in again soon. And feel free to tell me what you'd want to see in the story's future! Remember it's your story so I want to make it the best for you❤️