Suddle hints

Kag's P.O.V.~

The sound of little feet shuffle towards me in the practice hall. I ignore it, knowing she probably doesn't want to talk to me after my psychological battle with Oikawa, yet y/n's presence feels so hard to resist. I'm not even sure if it's her approaching me, but I feel so curious to turn my head, hoping I can gaze into her e/c eyes again.

I'm falling hard, and I know it.

She seems to stumble, bumping into me, my body turns a 180°, but I didn't realize her legs would carry her right under me. Our faces tint pink at the sight of each other. Her face, her lips, a mere inch away from mine. Our eyes widen together as if we're being orchestrated into unison.

"Kageyama" y/n looks up at me, lips agape. I can tell she's confused by the position we're in, but she's surprisingly less dazed about it.

"Can you.. er.. at least except my apology. For how I behaved on the court". I say stepping back, politely bowing in respect. Her open mouth forming a frown, just like mine.
Neither of us wanted to leave each other's closeness.

"Kageyama" she chuckles, softly clutching my jaw in her forefingers. She lifts my chin back up while her other hand places itself onto her hip. Her hand's clammy, likely from that dirtbag of her boyfriend's tears. But she doesn't let go, she's pulling me upwards still. To her.. face? I can feel myself malfunction under her command. How can she control me to stay so well put?!

"Apology accepted!" y/n let's go. "To be fair, I should apologize to you as well". I tilt my head, as she giggles at my confusion. "Having you see Tooru and I in that state made me more uncomfortable than you, that's for sure. He gets very overprotective of me sometimes, and..I didn't want you to assume anything was going on between us".

"I know more about him than you think y/n".

She looks at me curiously. I caught her off guard and it was adorable. I couldn't help myself to silently ask for more, responding with a simple "Oh?" to embarrass her pretty face.

"I swear it's not like that! N..Nothing's going on between us!" Her eyes nervously scatter the room, apparently looking for something to use as a prop. "Take this volleyball for instance! For one thing, m..my relationship can't go farther with Tooru because he's so committed to Volleyball.."

I burst out laughing at y/n, us both knowing what she said made no sense. "Are you
Cupid now?". I chuckle, grabbing the ball from her hands, tossing and catching it to myself at every angle around her so she can't reach it. "I won't be that easy to decipher".

She pouts like a child at my sudden teasing, trying to reach for the ball back, but i'm too quick. I run around her in circles, tossing the ball to myself as she crosses her arms. "Please, I can read you like a book Tobio."
folding her arms in the cutest demeanor.

I've seen y/n play before in middle school matches, so why now am I feeling this way? I can't understand why I'm so interested in her all of a sudden.

I notice i'm behind y/n at the moment, her slim back facing me as she continues to pout. I step towards her so that my chest barely grazes her backside. Just like before. Only this time I hold the ball out in front of her. Like a puppy seeing a new toy, her eyes widen as she sneakily reaches for the ball, giving me the perfect moment to wrap my remaining hand around her waist. Pulling her against me.

I'm never one to invade space, so I definitely don't know how I managed to build up this much confidence. But y/n and I have become close, this shouldn't matter, right? And by seeing her reaction, I'll figure out some things about her for sure.

y/n's P.O.V~

I managed to grab hold of the Volleyball, not even noticing his sly arm as it makes its way around my waist, pulling me back towards his chest. He's not letting go.
I mean, it's not like I'd want him to.
Frick what am I saying!

His muscles tighten against my bare stomach, making me wish I hadn't just been wearing my sports bra, shorts and unzipped jacket. I stare down at the ball, my mouth gapes open but I can't process any words. Say something y/n!
As I begin to murmur my response to lighten the mood of the moment, I feel Kageyama's head poke out from behind me. He rests his head on my shoulder. His lips make their way up to my ear, sending me into a state of frenzy.

The words I was so determined to let out backfire on me, as shivers send their way up my spine, releasing the smallest whimper from my lips.
He chuckles at my noise, his lips are so close to my ear he's practically touching it.
"Is that a challenge" he whispers.

I meet his eyes, i'm a flustered mess but I can't help it. A mysterious smirk creeps onto his lips, I can't help but admire it. Anyone who comes this close to me would realize despite my confident look, I have a soft spot for closeness. Shittykawa only knows about that.

I twirl out of his embrace, now giving the both of us a two-foot distance between each other. My hand perfectly tightened in his.

WERE WE HOLDING HANDS THIS WHOLE TIME?

To be honest, after the move he just pulled, holding hands is nothing. With a confident grin I speak, not even a quake in my voice.
"You're on".

With that we both laugh at each other, admiring how we both just acted about a minute ago. The laughs we shared somehow blurred out any other sounds in the room.
It wasn't until I felt a third set of hands yank my body in the opposite direction and continue to pull me out the door as I squealed in a bit of terror.

Unsure of who exactly was ruining my "friendly" moment with Tobio, The number '1' placed on the back of the persons jersey made my eyes widen. He kept his mouth shut which surprised me. I was expecting him to go off at his former student, but he didn't stop walking.

How much of that did Tooru see?

Ehehe so it's getting there! Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see in the future chapters!
August seems pretty busy for me so i don't know if i'll be able to keep daily posts up but I will try my hardest! Ok back to the story:)