In the beginning

Y/n P.O.V ~

Flashback :

My pigtails swayed In the Miyagi breeze as I made my way into Kitagawa's gym. It was only my first week there and as the youngest in my school, it was more than nerve-racking.

"Hello?" I quaked, opening the big sliding doors. Inside, a bunch of boys in the two grades above me played a match of Volleyball. Boy, were they tall! I had heard of how amazing this school was for their sports, so I wanted to take Volleyball further. I enjoyed it in Elementary, but I knew there was something more to it. Something I wanted to find in myself.
A passion.

"Good afternoon miss, are you lost?" I had to tilt my head so far up I almost fell over. A man larger than a sky scraper approached me. I assumed he was one of the coaches. "No sir, I'm here for a reason." I could hear chuckles from the boys across the room, although I didn't understand what was so funny.
The coaches laughed a bit themselves. I only dropped my head in silence, fearing what their response would be.
"Oh. I didn't realize you were Junior high student". WHAT THE HECK IM NOT EVEN THAT SMALL .

I was petrified. I quickly turned around and made my way home. New situations were something I wasn't fond of. But their quick assumptions made me sick. Unluckily, being the person I am I needed to gain everyone's appreciation if I was going to make my mark here. I dropped my classic pigtail look the very next day.

After class on day two, With my (h/c) hair completely down (and a bit of mascara to accent my e/c eyes), I stepped into the gym again. I wasn't letting these boys get the best of me. The entire gym just looked at me in confusion, a few boys blushing. I guess that's better than laughing at me but I didn't care.
"Allow me to introduce myself properly, My name is F/n L/n. I am a first year student, and I am here to join the girls Volleyball team." The other coach, who was a lot smaller placed a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry miss, but unfortunately due to budget cuts we don't have a girls Volleyball team."

"Repeat that please".

"Excuse me?" He took a step back, looking startled at me. I was completely serious.

"We don't have a girls team, I'm very sorry. I'm sure there is another club you'd want to try? Soccer seems pretty fun!" Bowing down, I made my statement clear. "I'm sorry sir, but Volleyball is the only sport I want to play..." My eyes lock with his.

"And it's the only sport I will be playing."

The room fell silent. The boys in the back watched my confidence in awe. "I admire your determination Miss l/n" The larger coach replied. "Have you any experience?"

"Since the age of 9 sir. My position is Setter". Immediately, a brunette student from the far side of the gym sprang up in the air with glee. "What? No way! I'm a Setter too!" He kept ranting, saying how cool it was to have another experienced player trying out until his friend whacked him over the head, shutting him up.

"I suppose you could join in on this game, so we get a good impression on your skill". The first coach spoke. I quickly pulled off my bag, running onto the court.

My team crushed the others.

Everyone was so surprised I could play that well, especially for a 'girl' they told me, as if it was a compliment. I found the brunette from before, introducing myself in hopes to learn from him.
"Well hi there, You're l/n right? What an awesome player you are! I'm Tooru Oikawa".

This kid had too much energy, but I liked that in him. He led me over to the court and we practiced to our hearts content. By the end of practice we were exhausted, but getting to play, playing with someone who found interest in me was all i wanted. The brunette gave me the biggest hug, Making me feel all fuzzy as my eyes opened from my dream to the light shining through my bedroom window.

I made my bed, slipped on my jersey and headed downstairs, tying my hair into a ponytail in the process. After breakfast I quickly walked my way to Seijoh, hopping on the bus and went off for my final game of the Prelims.
This would determine how amazing of a team we really were.

Here's your gorgeous uniform;)
creds to the artist!

The stadium was packed, mostly for Shiratorizawa's girls team, but my team didn't give off one ounce of nervousness. We were ready. At least I thought I was.
"Is Oikawa here?" I interrupted Shinzu as she was discussing some tactics to our Wing spiker and Iwaizumi, who recently liked to help our team out. "You're boyfriend?" She chuckled. "Haven't seen him sorry girly." I was pissed off by the fact he couldn't come, I'd take it as a form of apology, but knowing him for so long Oikawa apologizing would likely never happen.

If it weren't for a certain raven-haired boy awaiting my victory in the stands, i might not have made it to the third set of our game. We were tied 1-1, and my team was at match-point. If we score, we win.
We could go to nationals.

Shinzu float serves the ball, giving an unsteady direction to it's momentum. Shiratorizawa's girls were thrown off, barely receiving the ball, but what they weren't aware of was the chance they gifted us. It was too far away for our receivers, so i knew I had to move quickly. I ran , just reaching the ball from a backwards slant. Our wing spiker already in the air as she prepared for a minus tempo attack. But the ball was already on the ground.
A setter dump.

We won!

Emotions overflowed in my mind as I was still in the air, all while giving the most serious face to our opponents. Oikawa should have seen me win. I wanted him to be proud of me.

My legs contact the floor, but it didn't feel how a champion should've felt. Pain strikes up my leg to my knee.

fuck.