17

Bokuto immediately asked if he could hang out, since it was a weekend.

I looked over at Keiji, who seemed pretty content about the whole thing. Yeah, I wished I had spent more time alone with him, but Bokuto wasn't bad either.

We both nodded and walked with Bokuto over to my house. He was skipping with excitement, and I could tell Keiji didn't really want to put up with him.

I opened the front door and lead the boys into the living room where Akira sat.

"Bokuto!" she shouted as she jumped off the couch.

"Akira!" he shouted in return, running up to her. She wrapped her arms around his legs, the only part of him she could reach.

Sometimes, even Akira was more mature than the grey-haired owl.

"Bokuto, you still need to finish studying," Keiji calmly said. Bokuto instantly frowned at the statement.

"Come on Bokuto, they'll kick you off the team if you don't get good grades," i sympathized, trying to back up Keiji.

Bokuto sat down at a chair while I went upstairs to gather binders.

As I joined the boys in the living room, I overheard the one-sided conversation between them. I heard my name multiple times in an extremely excited tone of voice from Bokuto, which made me panic like crazy.

I sat down next to Keiji and placed a binder at the table.

"So you guys are dating now? This isn't a joke?" Bokuto asked. I nodded calmly, a feeling of excitement rushing through my body.

"Ahhh! Akaashi has a girlfriend!" Bokuto shouted, Akira joining along.
I looked over at Keiji who closed his eyes, trying to gain patience for the two.

Soon after, the three of us started studying and Akira went up to her room.

I thought about how everything changed so unexpectedly this year. I used to watch as those 'popular' girls walk past my lunch table and think about how they even got into such a large group of friends.

I never had anyone to talk to or even hang out with. It wasn't jealousy of a girl that I never would've become, but just the thought that I now became that girl that I detested.

I was surrounded with people who were always willing to help, no matter what.

Bokuto was with me every step of the way, since middle school. He would never let me go home with a frown across my face, and I took it for granted at the time.

Keiji was the most special thing that ever happened to me. He wasn't really open to other people, but it seemed he understood me more than anyone has ever tried to.

I looked around at the boys who were happily studying and joking around. These were the memories that I would look back on as an adult, and now that I think about it, they are the best memories I could possible have.